JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

31,804 posts in this topic

Just now, HutchFan said:

I need to hear that!  Love both of those artists, but I've never got 'round to that record.  Seems like an odd pairing.  But sometimes things gel, despite appearances.

 

soulpope, do you know this one?

R-4408159-1380866700-5601.jpeg.jpg

Well worth a listen!  Tate & McShann go together like peanut butter & jelly.

Know the Tate & McShann, good stuff .... forget about mentalreservations regarding Tate + Ibrahim, you will be (very) surprised ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-1584339-1359821449-7633.jpeg.jpg

R-1584339-1548104703-2805.jpeg.jpg

Same (named) label as Guy Lombrado. And they both used saxophone. Small world after all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anmerkung-2019-10-17-193612.jpg

Usually the Village Vanguard recordings are the obvious choice for Art Pepper`s best live recording in the 70`s, but for me this one greatly benefits both from a perfectly cohesive rhythm section and the leader miles away from any intrusive Coltrane influences ....

Edited by soulpope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live In Yamagata is excellent!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

 

❤❤❤!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah McCoy - Blood Siren (Blue Note)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

 

Is it Halloween yet? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Is it Halloween yet? :D

It does look like the Addams Family house or something.  Anyway, YouTube followed that album with a recommendation for this one, which I never even knew about --

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McPhee / Edwards / Kugel: A Night In Alchemia (NotTwo CD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

It does look like the Addams Family house or something.  Anyway, YouTube followed that album with a recommendation for this one, which I never even knew about --

 

I’ve got that one somewhere on a Fresh Sound LP - must dig out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71bTJBJiiSL._SX600_.jpg

Bolivia paired with Under Fire on a single CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duaneiac said:

Anyway, YouTube followed that album with a recommendation for this one, which I never even knew about --

Me too.  No idea that this existed.

Thanks for the heads-up. 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

51E9k4eK2xL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Dave Cliff was a friend in the late 1960s when we were both students in Leeds, I at the University, Dave on the pioneering Jazz and Light Music course at the College of Music where he was taught by Tristano veteran Peter Ind. I renewed the friendship with  Dave at a concert in Manchester in 1984 when he was playing in a sextet of Jimmy Deuchar, Johnny Griffin, Slide Hampton, Peter Ind and Al Levitt. Probably his greatest moment on record was when he recorded in Scandinavia with Konitz, Marsh and Ind. I believe he's still playing, but he never seems to have gigs in the north of England, which is a pity as I'd love to hear him again.

Edited by BillF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BillF said:

Dave Cliff was a friend in the late 1960s when we were both students in Leeds, I at the University, Dave on the pioneering Jazz and Light Music course at the College of Music where he was taught by Tristano veteran Peter Ind. I renewed the friendship with  Dave at a concert in Manchester in 1984 when he was playing in a sextet of Jimmy Deuchar, Johnny Griffin, Slide Hampton, Peter Ind and Al Levitt. Probably his greatest moment on record was when he recorded in Scandinavia with Konitz, Marsh and Ind. I believe he's still playing, but he never seems to have gigs in the north of England, which is a pity as I'd love to hear him

 

Bill,

I consider Dave Cliff to be a first rate jazz guitar player. He has a couple of very very good CD's on the Spotlite label as well as many recordings as a sidemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7e4439a6dae2ed8390ef8e26c02f82f9.jpg

I love the title on that one, and the cover too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP:

MIKE_OSBORNE_OUTBACK-563388.jpg

Mike Osborne - Outback (Turtle)

 

Earlier:

R-3316358-1352392757-1351.jpeg.jpg

Marc Johnson's Right Brain Patrol - Magic Labyrinth (JMT/Verve)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kinuta said:

  Related image

👍👍👍!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

 

Bill,

I consider Dave Cliff to be a first rate jazz guitar player. He has a couple of very very good CD's on the Spotlite label as well as many recordings as a sidemen.

The recent sad departure of Irish guitarist Louis Stewart leaves Dave as the leading jazz guitarist in this part of the world IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kinuta said:

  Related image

 

6 minutes ago, John Tapscott said:

Voyage

Two 5-star records! :tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.