Bob Dorough Dies at 94

BeBop

20 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I think I know him only from one track he did with Miles, I think on "Quiet Nights" or so....

But......he died more than 3 years ago ?!

You may know his song "I'm Hip," written with Dave Frishberg.  Dorough, Frishberg, and Blossom Dearie were part of New York rat pack of literate, jazzy, and humorous caberet-ish singers/pianists/songwriters.

People of a certain age group in the US know him through the Schoolhouse Rock interstitials that Rooster Ties posted above.

3 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

You may know his song "I'm Hip," written with Dave Frishberg.  Dorough, Frishberg, and Blossom Dearie were part of New York rat pack of literate, jazzy, and humorous caberet-ish singers/pianists/songwriters.

People of a certain age group in the US know him through the Schoolhouse Rock interstitials that Rooster Ties posted above.

Thank you for your answer. Sorry to say, I don´t know his song "I´m Hip" and it seems I wasn´t so well informed about jazzy and humorous caberet-ish singers etc, since at that age I was completly into jazz pure and didn´t listen to anything else.

Now being a bit older I can get fun out of contemporary german/austrian  shlager like DJ Ötzi, Ben Zucker since my wife likes it very much and it´s the music we dance and make garden partys even if it´s only us two, thats the finest thing to enjoy live without always needin company...

For my own interest and playing efforts it remained jazz, so the only association I had was that Miles album (anyway my wife bought it for me once for birthday ).

5 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Thank you for your answer. Sorry to say, I don´t know his song "I´m Hip" and it seems I wasn´t so well informed about jazzy and humorous caberet-ish singers etc, since at that age I was completly into jazz pure and didn´t listen to anything else.

Many would consider Dorough, Frishberg, and Blossom Dearie to be "jazz pure."  They were jazz singers/pianists.