Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gvopedz

Beatles "Get Back" doc in September

7 posts in this topic

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about it. 

Looking forward to it, but also wish the original was available, for balanced perspective.

15 minutes ago, felser said:

Looking forward to it, but also wish the original was available, for balanced perspective.

There were reports last year that the original version would be released as well, but not sure that's still the case.

Posted (edited)

Well, my bad, the Variety article indicates that there are still plans to reissue the original film at some point in the future. Difficult to imagine that Jackson’s new version will still receive a conventional theatrical release in early September, though.

I had another unrelated Beatles item that I wanted to post about—but apparently there’s no pre-existing general all-things-Beatles thread here? (A la the Dylan corner.) What is this place, anyway—a jazz forum?! :g

Edited by ghost of miles

57 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

I had another unrelated Beatles item that I wanted to post about—but apparently there’s no pre-existing general all-things-Beatles thread here? (A la the Dylan corner.) What is this place, anyway—a jazz forum?! :g

So start one.  I started the Dylan corner...still waiting for my royalty check! :g