Is the Blue Note Board Officially Dead?

BeBop

If you think about it, there's no reason for BN to reopen the BNBB.

This forum, especially, but also AAJ to some extent, are doing their work for them, at no cost to BN. And doing it better, I might add :rsly:

Another thread I posted seems to indicate that everybody is still buying BN product, which is all Evered and crew apparently care about. Some, like myself, have cooled off a bit in their BN acquisitions, but few probably stopped altogether. Smart execs like to develop that sense of community. For example, Porsche assiduously cultivates its drivers and fans. They know that loyalty translates into long-term stability. Like BN, they are a niche product-they can't afford to lose a generation of customers. BN's current managers are clueless-right out of Dilbert. Well, I better stop, I'm starting to get mad all over again :angry:

I agree with you, Leeway.

I don't see any reason for them to reopen the board.

I haven't stopped buying their product, but I have cooled down about buying their stuff.

I'll still buy most of the BN reissues, but I'm not going to jump on the RVG's like a was doing. I'll live with the McMasters. I'm also not going to buy EVERYTHING they reissue like I was doing. If it isn't a GREAT Capital or Roulette title I probably won't bother to pick it up. I also won't be as inclined to purchase their releases by new artists. I'll still buy the Osby, Moran, Harris albums, but I'll find other labels new releases to support.

Pacific Jazz reissues on the other hand, I can't stop buying those.

I don't have any issues with Mosaic, so I'll continue to buy what I can.

:rsmile:

Well, I have divided feelings. I don't feel about any of the boards the way I felt about the BNBB, and probably never will. And neither nor both the AAJ and this board are fulfilling the same need for me. NOR is that a bad thing necessarily. No sense looking back! And I've used the excessive time I spent there more wisely since it's demise.

I haven't let the way the board ended color the way I feel about Blue Note music. After all, it's Alfred Lion and Francis Wolff's vision and the incredible work of the artists that I really appreciate. How is that tainted? Michael Cuscuna, reissue producer there, had little to nothing to do with the BNBB. I've become more and more interested in other music, but Blue Note music holds a great appeal for me, and recent events haven't changed my collecting tendencies in that direction. Also I enjoy a lot of Capitol, Roulette, and Pacific Jazz artists and grab those releases as before.

And I confess I'll check out the new board and if it isn't dominated by Greg I might post for a bit!

Edited by jazzbo

I'll check it out as well (if it returns!) and will probably post there. Hell, I can't keep my mouth shut anyway, right? But I have a feeling that the old cliche "you can't go home" will definitely apply. This is where I've settled now, and like an immigrant who left a home gone mad for the new land, I'm probably more "organissimo" than "bnbb" now. This spot will stay home, unless everyone goes mad and flees back to the BNBB. (I sure hope not!)