Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Dryden

Horace Tapcott Las Vegas March 16, 1992

9 posts in this topic

I have uploaded the Four Queens Jazz Night From Las Vegas broadcast of Horace Tapscott to archive. org. I made a typo in the link and I am trying to fix it.

Thanks for uploading this. Listening now and enjoying it very much

Do we know who's playing with HT?

7 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Roberto Miranda (b) & Fritz Wise (dm)

8 hours ago, mjazzg said:

It is listed in the description that I posted on archive.org:

A broadcast of Four Queens Jazz Night From Las Vegas, first aired on May 21, 1992. Recorded on March 16, 1992. Featuring Horace Tapscott: piano, Robert Miranda: bass, Fritz Wise: drums.

I probably got the personnel from listening to the show, though I've discovered that during those pre-internet days I wasn't always accurate with spellings of unfamiliar names. Even worse, Alan Grant sometimes wasn't paying attention when he did voiceovers and he would misidentify song titles.

16 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

A broadcast of Four Queens Jazz Night From Las Vegas, first aired on May 21, 1992. Recorded on March 16, 1992. Featuring Horace Tapscott: piano, Robert Miranda: bass, Fritz Wise: drums.

I probably got the personnel from listening to the show, though I've discovered that during those pre-internet days I wasn't always accurate with spellings of unfamiliar names. Even worse, Alan Grant sometimes wasn't paying attention when he did voiceovers and he would misidentify song titles.

Yeah, they list Billie's Bounce as the second tune instead of Oleo

Trying to fix that, but only the wav file has been possible to edit.

On 09/06/2022 at 3:35 AM, Ken Dryden said:

Thank you,and apologies for not paying full attention to the listing. Too keen to access the music, in my defence...

I probably haven't played it since dubbing it to CDR and wasn't looking at the playlist when I did that.