• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a non-jazz cyber Monday.

51KFi4tCunL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oasis - Time Flies...1994-2009 (2-CD)

61LKls4Cp5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oasis - Masterplan

The former contains all their British singles plus "Champagne Supernova" and the latter is a collection of their B-sides.

the latter is probably one of their absolute best releases. Amazing at one point they had so much talent or songs that most of their best work didn't even end up on the records.

61LKls4Cp5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oasis - Masterplan

... the latter is a collection of their B-sides.

the latter is probably one of their absolute best releases. Amazing at one point they had so much talent or songs that most of their best work didn't even end up on the records.

That's what I was thinking as I listened to the sound samples. The B-side material is so strong that it would have been an excellent release by any band and some of the songs sound like they could have been singles themselves.

Edited by mikelz777

Filled a couple of gaps in my Blue Note collection:

517Elh-KEkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41VNjqA1edL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Total cost from Zoverstocks £7.87. Later, following Sidewinder's tip, I found they were going for £6 at Fopp. :angry: Ah, well, from April I won't have the choice, as the Chancellor is closing the Guernsey loophole. Incidentally, any points the Tory party may have gained with Ken Clarke's Jazz Greats (must listen to the latest one on Clifford Brown), have been well and truly lost by this move. :tdown

Total cost from Zoverstocks £7.87. Later, following Sidewinder's tip, I found they were going for £6 at Fopp. :angry: Ah, well, from April I won't have the choice, as the Chancellor is closing the Guernsey loophole. Incidentally, any points the Tory party may have gained with Ken Clarke's Jazz Greats (must listen to the latest one on Clifford Brown), have been well and truly lost by this move. :tdown

To be honest, I'm amazed that this loophole for the exchequer wasn't closed earlier, especially as it was badly affecting 'brick and mortar' stores. Also suspect that there is more to come along these lines, if the big tax take from the 'City' drops permanently over the next few years due to 'Euro issues'.

After the party......... finally comes the bill. :rolleyes:

Now - If only they would "bazooka" the Channel Islands as off shore tax havens for all those who, without exception, don't need it - now that would be a result !

Edited by sidewinder

I ordered this set from Amazon UK:

51l4s2mmF0L._SS400_.jpg

Did you order it again?

Have not ordered too much, though in the last month, I did order Roarin' by The New Don Rendell Quintet, Peace by Chet Baker, and today I ordered Lake of Perseverance by Dom Um Romao (which I believe is his last or next to last recording).

I did order Roarin' by The New Don Rendell Quintet

How that takes me back! They were great live. Particularly remember the wittily-titled "Bring Back the Burch", corporal punishment being still an issue in British politics at the time. :lol:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6801162/a/Roarin'.htm

Given the Arts Council's preference for suites when commissioning jazz, I'm surprised we didn't get a 'Colonel Blimp Suite.' Other movements could include 'Bring Back the Grammar Schools', 'Bring Back National Service' and, as the culmination, 'Bring Back the Rope.'

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I did order Roarin' by The New Don Rendell Quintet

How that takes me back! They were great live. Particularly remember the wittily-titled "Bring Back the Burch", corporal punishment being still an issue in British politics at the time. :lol:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6801162/a/Roarin'.htm

Given the Arts Council's preference for suites when commissioning jazz, I'm surprised we didn't get a 'Colonel Blimp Suite.' Other movements could include 'Bring Back the Grammar Schools', 'Bring Back National Service' and, as the culmination, 'Bring Back the Rope.'

You forgot the 'Bullingdon Suite' :D