What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61bggp0pupL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jazz Waltz - Les McCann & The Jazz Crusaders

I was excited to find that this was available on CD. I'm a big Jazz Crusaders fan and like Les McCann as well so this was a no-brainer purchase for me. I really liked what I heard from the sound samples I discovered on the internet so I'm looking forward to listening to this one.

513hdkEU8pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Young Lions - Lee Morgan, Wayne Shorter, Frank Strozier, Bobby Timmons, Bob Cranshaw, Louis Hayes, Albert Heath.

I ordered a like new copy for $3.98 delivered but I have a vague, sneaking suspicion that I might already own this one. I know I had always intended on buying it but I'm not sure if I ever actually did or not. Unfortunately, most of my collection is in boxes right now so I'm not able to check.

My stuff from Sterns came today

stcd3060-61.jpg

Sleeve notes were actually written by Justing Morel Jr, who wrote many notes for Syliphone, back in the day.

While at Sterns, I ordered a few other things

cdas89715.jpg

This seems to be material from the early seventies, originally issued on the TYC label and now compiled by African Songs. Lurve Gnonnas Pedro!

I also picked up a few cheapos from Ghana, in a sale.

lee2000.jpg

Pleasant Reggae with a touch of Highlife. Enjoyed this a lot.

obrafour001.jpg

More Reggae, this with more than a touch of Hip Hop.

vashr2001-1.jpg

Pleasant Hiplife album, sometimes hitting quite good.

6492923.jpg

Very poppy Highlife/Reggae stuff.

MG

Duke Ellington - Liederhalle Stuttgart 6.3.1967 (JazzHaus)

51CZCOPYaTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

'Bout time SWR radio did something with their "Treffpunkt Jazz" and other jazz concert performances that have taken place at their premises for decades. Just checked their website but so far only the big, bigger, biggest names have been graced with a release. Whereas they could have done SO much to further the discography of German jazz greats (or "Eurojazz" in general) too. ;)

Thanks anyway for mentioning this label.

Duke Ellington - Liederhalle Stuttgart 6.3.1967 (JazzHaus)

51CZCOPYaTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

'Bout time SWR radio did something with their "Treffpunkt Jazz" and other jazz concert performances that have taken place at their premises for decades. Just checked their website but so far only the big, bigger, biggest names have been graced with a release. Whereas they could have done SO much to further the discography of German jazz greats (or "Eurojazz" in general) too. ;)

Thanks anyway for mentioning this label.

I totally subscribe your opinion! Meanwhile, I'll order the Benny Goodman feat. Anita O'Day as well... :rolleyes: