Jack Wilson

sheldonm

From a post on JazzCorner, Oct. 12:

Jack Wilson, a Jazz pianist and composer who played tenor saxophone, vibraphone and organ, with such musical luminaries as Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughan, Jackie McLean, Sammy Davis Jr. and Sonny & Cher, died Friday, October 5, 2007, in Northport, NY.

His death, at the Northport Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, was caused by complications of diabetes, said his wife, Sandie Boerum-Wilson, of Sayville, NY.

A celebration of Jack Wilson’s life is being planned for the near future.

Sad news. :( I just became familiar with Wilson when the Conn of Easterly Winds was reissued. Probably one of the best surprise purchases for me in recent times (Foster's Manhatten Fever being another) which has gotten regular rotation since I purchased it. I would really like to hear his other BN's (missed Something Personal) and Atlantic (?) sides.

Sad news. :( I just became familiar with Wilson when the Conn of Easterly Winds was reissued. Probably one of the best surprise purchases for me in recent times (Foster's Manhatten Fever being another) which has gotten regular rotation since I purchased it. I would really like to hear his other BN's (missed Something Personal) and Atlantic (?) sides.

'something personal' has been an aloc fav for many many years.

Sad news. :( I just became familiar with Wilson when the Conn of Easterly Winds was reissued. Probably one of the best surprise purchases for me in recent times which has gotten regular rotation since I purchased it.

Ditto here. If you can find Something Personal, snag it. It's almost as beautiful as Easterly Winds.

Sad news. :( I just became familiar with Wilson when the Conn of Easterly Winds was reissued. Probably one of the best surprise purchases for me in recent times which has gotten regular rotation since I purchased it.

Ditto here. If you can find Something Personal, snag it. It's almost as beautiful as Easterly Winds.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for it. :rhappy:

• 3 weeks later...