Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vajerzy

Organissimo Football Pool 2014

82 posts in this topic

I have found that the weeks that I go out on a limb and pick some upsets, I generally fail miserably. Now I'm scared to pick against the grain for just about anything!

That's how it's been for me too. Of course, I did pick the Raiders to beat the Rams lol. That ought to count for two losses.

I have found that the weeks that I go out on a limb and pick some upsets, I generally fail miserably. Now I'm scared to pick against the grain for just about anything!

That's how it's been for me too. Of course, I did pick the Raiders to beat the Rams lol. That ought to count for two losses.

Noj- I was wondering if we knew something we didn't.....guess not!! ?

I just thought if any game was one no one would pick, it would be that one and I could make up a spot on the leader. The Raiders were coming off their first win, maybe they'd found a new identity and guys knew their roles...no, not even close.

Something I meant to mention--I get the "Set Picks Reminder" email after the Thursday game has already started. Is there a way to send that thing on Wednesday?

When you pick upsets and lose and the real upset comes thru you're down 2 games

Note to self: Cam Newton could be found dead the day before the game and still be named the starter, but Tampa Bay would still be Tampa Bay...

I should've given up on the 49ers a long time ago, I'm kicking myself over that pick, you would think I'd learned my lesson when I picked them to win in Denver. That means I chose the 49ers to win in Denver AND Seattle! :crazy:

Edit: To clean up some awful grammar, geesh!

Edited by Matthew

I think we've hit the "late season tightening of the field" stage.

If I could remember to pick a Thursday game, I might be in the hunt. :blush:

What the holy heck? NFL on Saturday again? Good thing I set my weekend picks last night, I didn't even realize there were games on today. I can't have Moose win that easy!

May the 49ers crawl into a large hole and never, ever, come out again. :bad:

What the holy heck?

LOL - I love hearing that from you!

Well, if we're going to get carried away and lose all decorum, how did the gosh darned Bills manage to lose to Oakland? And how did SS1 manage to call it?

Good news for Matthew and Vajerzy: I'm officially in full choke mode now. I've changed my pick on the Chargers/Chiefs game three times.

Edited by Jazzmoose

I'm freaking out over this game also, even with Smith out, the Chargers have a history of blowing late season games they should win. Coin toss here I come.

I'm freaking out over this game also, even with Smith out, the Chargers have a history of blowing late season games they should win. Coin toss here I come.

Told you...

PS: It's coming down to the 49er vs. Cardinals game. I got the 49ers...

Edited by Matthew

Another wimpy tie?

I blame the 49ers. Ahead 21-0, 28-7, And. They. Gosh. Darn. Lose!

Damn. Should have changed it four times...

I think that Jazzmoose and Matthew should go into overtime (picking the winners of playoff games) so that we can have a clear cut champion. (Please do not take this the wrong way: I am not telling either one of you what you MUST do.)

We demand a playoff. And postgame speeches. :)

Alright, but neither Matthew nor I have ever won this before; do we need to get agents to handle the inevitable endorsement deals, or does the league take care of that? :wacko:

I'll take the following:

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Cincinnatti

Carolina

Arizona

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Dallas