Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randyhersom

Milford Graves and Jason Moran: Live at Big Ears

12 posts in this topic

I saw this became available on BandCamp for $20 and had to get it right away.  It's really good.  I stood in line outside the building for most of its recording, but did get inside for the ending.  It's got energy and moments of the most delicate lyricism, and I wish we were getting more albums like this coming out.

https://jasonmoran.bandcamp.com/album/graves-moran-live-at-big-ears?from=search&search_item_id=111313264&search_item_type=a&search_match_part=%3F&search_page_id=1683480489&search_page_no=1&search_rank=1&search_sig=9761d77e8ac3bd67db8c60fecf5e9cf0

Posted (edited)

That looks very interesting.  thanks for highlighting it, I had no idea of its existence.

Moran prices his downloads quite high which means with sales tax I'm paying £17 for one.  CDs never cost that much and I bought all of those he released.  The price puts me off, although the presence of Graves may just be the thing to make the added investment worthwhile this time.

That's a lovely 'cover' photo too

Edited by mjazzg

Wish there was a CD of this.

Posted (edited)

I will get me this and the other Jason Moran albums on Bandcamp later this year. Moran is one of the few musicians that make me listen and catch my attention from the first notes. I regret I did  not go to hear him when he was performing in a neighbouring city a few years ago.

Edited by mikeweil

We were lucky to be down front for this event.

I would like to have this, but will wait to see if it appears on CD or LP.

1 hour ago, randyhersom said:

Chuck, Can you shed light on the "apology"?

Frayed knot.

Ewes well combed

I saw that show, too! (also Chuck and Randy)

ACtC-3dk1yNZQ8Dq7JEQpMvE6_kOFi1n0forBWpr

ACtC-3e3E8olYY_-JCKWuusVIIiPd804VKb5Ju3H

I've been enjoying this one a lot, as well as Jason's preceding solo piano release on Bandcamp The Sound Will Tell You. Have not yet listened to the YouTube conversation between Jason and Milford.