February 12, 2006: Snow in NYC

Eighteen inches here, and STILL COMING DOWN. :blink:

The weird thing was that, while I was in the chatroom last night with Soulstation1, conn_500, and Aggie87 (don't think FFA was there at the time), we had a big flash of lightning followed immediately by a loud clap of thunder here while the snow was falling heavily. At the time, I thought that maybe a power line transformer had exploded nearby or something like that. But this morning, I heard on the local news that, indeed, this blizzard had been accompanied by some rather freakish lightning and thunder. :wacko:

18 inches big whoop! aren't the Olympics on or something? ... you would think that the weatherfolks would at least need to go to the bathroom at some point if for nothing more than to use up all that TP everyone buys.

since I have no cable I'm bout ready to open up a big can of doppler effect on them meterologists!

I'd say we got about a 1 & 1/2 feet here in Jersey. It's all going to melt real quick, warmer for the rest of the week. I'm not even going to bother to dig my car out.

Weather folks always seem to forget how it gets colder after a big snow, especially at night.....no sense digging the car out, the snow plows will pile it up over your car's roof anyway. :P

I'd say we got about a 1 & 1/2 feet here in Jersey. It's all going to melt real quick, warmer for the rest of the week. I'm not even going to bother to dig my car out.

Weather folks always seem to forget how it gets colder after a big snow, especially at night.....no sense digging the car out, the snow plows will pile it up over your car's roof anyway. :P

I live in an apt. and the car is in the lot. Maintenance better not pile it on my car. :lol:

It won't get above freezing until Monday. I'll go out and slide most of the snow off around noon so the layer of ice on the bottom can melt. It was snowing for hours before the temp went below freezing yesterday.