John Coltrane Marathon

Brad

phil might get more air time than trane........

is this a commercial free station?

ss1

Schapp is notorious for yammering on.

With fiction yet, according to Chris. When I live near NYC my friends and I used to imitate Schapp giving infinitely detailed descriptions of the utterly banal and trivial.

Fun, fun!

--eric

I should add though, too, that Schapp has also done some compelling radio, as well.

I've stayed and listened to hours to some of his memorial broadcasts (they seemed better to me when it's someone who has just died rather than a long-planned thing).

But, I also changed the station on popped in a CD on Schapp's voice on many an occasion.

--eric

is there a simple (and i mean simple) way to save something aired over the internet and then transfer to cd?

ss1

you'll have to record the streaming with an audio recording programme. There are some so-called stream-ripper programmes, but you can do without those.

Do you have an audio recorder programme on your computer?

okay, this little programme should do the trick.

You only have to download and unzip the file into a folder. Start the programme (you may want to make a short cut on your desktop) and click [options] -> [recording control]. Select Wave/MP3 (probably at the far right of the window).

go to [options] -> [programme options] -> [recording] to chose the appropriate settings (mp3 quality, stereo/mono, etc)

If you now start your streaming radio and click record (like in the good old days...), an mp3 file will be created. You'll have to manually push the buttons for start and finish.

simple comme bonjour, non? Try it, read the help

is there a simple (and i mean simple) way to save something aired over the internet and then transfer to cd?

ss1

Basic instruction for Goldwave:

● Go to http://www.goldwave.com/release.html and download the "Self-Installing GoldWave v5.06" file (Windows)

● Install the software (trial version, sufficient for your needs. 100 commands/session)

● Run Goldwave

● Click "New" to initialize a sound file. Select sampling rate (use the "Preset Quality Settings" pulldown menu) and length. OK.

1.PNG

● Enter the "Control Properties" by clicking the indicated button (yellow arrow) or via the F11 key

2.PNG

● Select input source (audio streams: Wave/MP3), adjust volume (100% should be ok - depending on source)

3.PNG

● Click the record button.

4.PNG

● Record...

5.PNG

● Save (for safety reasons)

● Edit wave (left mouse button sets selection start, right button: end)

6.PNG

"Edit/Copy to" copies selection to a file. Check out the menu, most functions are self-explanatory. The software has also a nice help function. If there are questions, please ask.

Note: while recording, make sure that sounds like email notifications are turned off. Otherwise you'll have them on your recording.

Edited by rockefeller center

• 2 weeks later...