• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curtis Fuller- New Trombone-Prestige- Sonny Red does well here, nice blowing date ,nothing mega but decent

Wilbur De Paris- 4 LPs of his New Orleans Band, sounding to my ears slighlty more modern tahn I might have expected. Best of the bunch is probably On the Riviera. Think this was on the Mosaic NO set ?

Sidney Bechet- Vol 3/4 RCA- lovely stuff indeed

Charles Mingus - Ah um - CBS Holland pressing

Charles Mingus - Mingus dynasty - CBS Holland pressing

Notwithstanding the fine performances of the musicians, in particular Booker's solo on "Farewell", I think that the sound, the density of the orchestrations, is not nearly as gutrending as on "Blues & roots".

Rev Isaac Douglas & The Charles Fold Singers - Live in concert - AVI reissue

Larry "Wild" Wrice - Wild - PJ stereo original

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

More McDuff

Check this out - Cadet original

Do it now - Atlantic mono original

Live it up - All Platinum original

The re-entry - Muse original, and featuring the original sleeve with the gorgeous Alicia Lashley with the bedroom eyes

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

Just finally did my needledrop of the "now much-maligned" new Dylan record "Modern Times." Ignorance is bliss... :tup

Now spinnin':

Folk Songs - Charlie Haden/Jan Garbarek/Egberto Gismonti - ECM 1170 - promo copy. I'm really diggin' Garbarek on this one as his tone seems to be much softer on this one, not as sharp and biting as I'm accustomed to hearing him play. :cool:

Hello all,

This Morning: Rufus Harley "Tribute to Courage" Atlantic, his most political and strident LP.

Also: Lou Levy "Solo Scene" RCA mono original--Lovely!, "The Gellers"--Herb and Lorraine Geller, Emarcy, mono original. Nick Brignola "New York Bound" Interplay, (signed copy!) with Walte Bishop jr., Roy Haynes and Sam Jones (what a bunch of amateuers!!) ;)

More McDuff

Check this out - Cadet original

Do it now - Atlantic mono original

Live it up - All Platinum original

The re-entry - Muse original, and featuring the original sleeve with the gorgeous Alicia Lashley with the bedroom eyes

MG

MG,

I can only find this pic online...care to show us this other cover?

g08740ligot.jpg

Heroically, I've scanned it in. But of course, the scanner won't take a 12" LP sleeve. fortunately in this case, the personnel & other details are all down one side. So you get all Alicia except her left hand.

Enjoy

(Hope this works.)

MG

Wow, MG...that's certainly better than seeing 3 McDuffs!

Definitely a "come hither" look. :tup

Thanks. :)

Yes, Alicia looks better with her clothes on than off. You can see most of her clothes off on the sleeves to Groove Holmes' "Hot tat" and Houston Person's "Basics". She just looks like any skinny young bird.

MG