• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Count Basie/Joe Turner/Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson: Kansas City Shout (Pablo) - red vinyl

I wonder if all copies were pressed on red vinyl.

If it's on Pablo Live, I've never seen a Pablo Live LP that wasn't on red vinyl. Pablo and Pablo Today seem all to have used the standard black vinyl.

Pablo Live single LPs had a prefix of 2308; Pablo singles used 2310; Pablo Today used 2312.

Pablo Live doubles were prefixed 2620; Pablo doubles had 2625; and Pablo Today (I think there was only 1 of these - an Ella) used 2630. Just to complicate matters, there were two doubles on Pablo that had a prefix of 2640.

MG

PS - I see from the Pablo list that "Kansas City shout" was 2310 859 - so it was a plain ole Pablo. And I've never see any of those on red vinyl - but I mainly see Pablos that were made in Britain.

Count Basie/Joe Turner/Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson: Kansas City Shout (Pablo) - red vinyl

If it's on Pablo Live, I've never seen a Pablo Live LP that wasn't on red vinyl. Pablo and Pablo Today seem all to have used the standard black vinyl.

My Coltrane European Tour 2LP set is on the black stuff. As are JJ Johnson 'Yokohama Concert' and the Milt Jackson 'Kosei Negin'. The red vinyl seems to have been fairly common around 1980 (e.g Hubbard at North Sea).

My Coltrane European Tour 2LP set is on the black stuff. As are JJ Johnson 'Yokohama Concert' and the Milt Jackson 'Kosei Negin'. The red vinyl seems to have been fairly common around 1980 (e.g Hubbard at North Sea).

Ah, right - most, maybe all, of my Pablo Live LPs are from that period.

Playing

Inez Andrews - This is not the first time I've been last - Peacock (ABC)

MG