• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nestor Figueras/David Toop/Paul Burwell - Cholagogues - (Bead)

That's a cool record. I like "wounds" on the quartz label as well.

All moved in now and today I just finished setting up my record shelves. Hopefully in the next week or so I can get my stereo/turntable set up as well as taking all the records out of the boxes and filing them in alphabetical order ( oh joy! ).

John Coltrane--------Meditations--------(HMV) mono edition. Quite a noise fest. but it does cohere moderately well.

Working my way through my HMV Coltrane LPs, all mono and sounding lovely, currently playing,

John Coltrane ---------Crescent -----(HMV) mono

Next

John Coltrane ------A Love Supreme-------(HMV) mono, followed by the alternate takes issued on the Deluxe CD from 2002.

320967856058.jpg

Didn't even know there was a Japanese pressing of this one. Saw an OG Deram several years ago in a shop at $200, thought about it but that seemed a little steep. I've been happy with the Vocalion CD of the material, though it is enjoyable enough to want spinning on the TT.

I have the Deram LP. Usually goes for around £100 or so these days, they are certainly 'around'. Gonsalves a bit 'medicated' on this session.

I am requesting sympathy for my oh-so-first-world problem: no LPs for me for seven to ten days. The right channel of my amp went out last night, and that's how long it's going to take to have it repaired. I can listen to CDs (with headphones only), my iPod, and 78s. But I already miss my LPs. Boo-hoo.

I am requesting sympathy for my oh-so-first-world problem: no LPs for me for seven to ten days. The right channel of my amp went out last night, and that's how long it's going to take to have it repaired. I can listen to CDs (with headphones only), my iPod, and 78s. But I already miss my LPs. Boo-hoo.

Can't you listen to mono LPs?