• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cream - Wheels of Fire - (Atco tri-color orig)

Edit: this one's for you, porcy!

Thanks!

A couple of years ago I bought a MoFi copy of this album at mt local store for a ridicolous price. It was soo dirty that the guy at the shop thought it was worned. I cleaned it recently and it resurrected as a mint copy.

Daniel Higgs - Metempsychotic Melodies - (Holy Mountain)

I saw him open for the Espers last February. Fantastic. He opened w/ 15 minute rendition of "Love Abides". He had the whole place mesmerized. Thanks for reminding me that I need to pick this up.

Yeah, he did that in Austin, too. Fantastic! I think that 1st on Holy Mountain is better than the new one, though. There's also one on Thrill Jockey that, even for me, is just noise... kinda wish Lungfish hadn't quit, though.

Now spinning:

Ike Quebec, Jimmy Hamilton, Tiny Grimes, etc. - Mainstream Jazz - (Blue Note King compilation)

Anthony Braxton - Five Pieces 1975 - (Arista)

You know, I was listening to that the other day and was reminded that my uncle wrote a piece very, very similar to cut one, side two (albeit a few years later). He performed it in 1980 with George Alford, flugelhorn; Mario Pavone and Joe Fonda, bass; and Yohuru Ralph Williams, percussion. I have a recording from the master tape - fine, indeed.