What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

For the most part, this album just did not work for me. It cries out for Miles tough genius:

the-new-tony-williams-lifetime-believe-it-pc-33836-columbia-records.jpg

I love it, but then again I'm a fan of Holdsworth so that has alot to do with it I'm sure.

That's cool. Holdsworth, and Alan Pasqua too; thought this would be killer, especially since I love so much other Tony Williams music. But in this case, it sounds to me like Electric Miles minus Miles. sad.gif Difference is what makes the world go round. Speaking of which.....

516xegM1L7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sam Rivers Winds of Manhattan - Colours (Black Saint)

This is definitely my least favorite Sam Rivers album. You need not tell me I am wrong, as my friends have already done that happy.gif I just don't enjoy it very much. I think SR is mostly (not always) at his best in trio formations. At least that is where I like him most.

• Replies 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Difference is what makes the world go round. Speaking of which.....

This is definitely my least favorite Sam Rivers album. You need not tell me I am wrong, as my friends have already done that happy.gif I just don't enjoy it very much. I think SR is mostly (not always) at his best in trio formations. At least that is where I like him most.

Wouldn't dream of telling you you're wrong - although I seem to remember that I may have done just that a few months ago about something, but I don't remember what. To me, though, Rivers' writing is as important as his playing. I'm listening to Inspiration by the All-Star Orchestra right now, and am enjoying it more than ever.

Difference is what makes the world go round. Speaking of which.....

Wouldn't dream of telling you you're wrong - although I seem to remember that I may have done just that a few months ago about something, but I don't remember what. To me, though, Rivers' writing is as important as his playing. I'm listening to Inspiration by the All-Star Orchestra right now, and am enjoying it more than ever.

I don't remember either happy.gif. What can I say? I had a hard time even getting through the LP. I'll give it another listen at some point and see what happens.

56602.jpg

Strange how this album ever came together, but I think it works much better than could have been predicted. Geffen LP.