As for other guitarists, we are looking at a Jim Hall Mosaic Select for next

year.

Also I'd be curious to know the other sites where you have seen the Selects

available for preorder.

Thanks,

Fred

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Well on Pacific Jazz there's:

the Jim Hall "Guitar Player" lp that could be a good fullish cd.

the "Chico Hamilton Trio" date isn't there that features Hall? That's a half a cd. . . (short). . . .

the Modest Jazz Trio lp with Red Mitchell, that would fill up the second cd

I can see a two cd set as a possiblity at least! Anyone see more possibles?

Edited by jazzbo

CD Universe

Bennie Green is selling for $35.85 at CD Universe. :D

When I emailed Fred with the pricing that they were originally listed at - which was $37 and change - he responded to me that he could not understand how or why they could sell them at that price as ir is very very close to the price that retailers are being charged for the set. I'm guessing that the newer $35.85 price gives the m little if any profit. :wacko: I realize that this is standard procedure for CD Universe and that the price will rise a couple of days after release - so get 'em while they're hot. That is a great price.

By the way, when using CD Universe, try to use the links through Alan Lankin's Jazzmatazz site. Jazzmatazz is a great resource and using those links helps his site :)

Jazzmatazz Sponsors Page - Link to CD Universe

Or you can just link through any of the discs featured in the various lists found here:

Jazzmatazz

Edited by Ed Swinnich

It looks like the couple of Selects that are currently available at CDUniverse are on backorder. I'd rather pay the extra couple of dollars, give 100% of my money to Mosaic, and be able to depend on Mosaic's excellent shipping service. From my experience, Mosaic always ships the product on the day immediately following the order date.

For those people who aren't aware of ordering from Mosaic directly, I hope the CDUniverse offering helps Mosaic to sell more of the Selects.

Edited by wesbed

Maybe Mosaic will have a 10% off sale? :rolleyes:

Actually, around the first of the year I wrote Mosaic, asking if there was a discount for buying multiple sets and/or Selects. I think there was a deal like that a few years back when I didn't have the disposable income. They replied that there were no sales or discounts planned for the immediate future.

VH1 shop

Randy Weston Mosaic Select selling for $40.82

Will Mosaic still sell the Selects for $39 when the retail stores sell them for $49 List? Or will Mosaic stop selling the Selects?

Or will Mosaic (mail order) re-price the older Selects to $49 to match the list price of the retail stores? :w

Edited by Tjazz