RUSH

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Trower was a pretty awesome musician in his own right. There's some great stuff on his 70's records. Saw him in Seattle quite a few years ago, Al Hendrix was at the gig and came up to the stage and introduced Trower. A killer show. Of course the Hendrix thing got him started, but he developed his own voice.

Actually, the poor man's King's X is Alice In Chains....

Actually, I thought Poison was the poor man's Motley Crue.

I swear to God I was going to say the same thing! It must be true.

Either that or Motley Crue actually is Poison ( when they want to "feel pretty").

Motley Crue motleycrue.jpg

Poison poison-band150.jpg

Edited by rachel

"Begin the day with a friendly voice.... a companion unobtrusive

Plays that song thats so elusive... the magic music makes your morning mood...."

Both what is great and so unashamedly corny about them.. :g

And I remember reading an interview a few years back with Geddy Lee (the bass player /singer for those blissfully unaware) where he was talking about how he thought they were getting "funkier" (his word) as time goes by. Said something to the effect of "Hey... we're middle aged white Canadians... there are a lot of obstacles" Still cracks me up.

Edited by chuckyd4

True story -- I picked up an old Commodore 64 PC (for 5 bucks) at a garage sale about 6 years. The individual who sold it to me even threw in a bunch of accessories, including a tape drive and some tapes for info storage. To my surprise, the tapes were not blank, but still had some old files on them. It seems that the young man of the houe circa 1982 practiced his BASIC skills by writing nothing but programs related to Rush. One was a Rush discography, another was a Rush "quiz", and so on.

Man, did that make we want to pull out a copy of SIGNALS and sit down to explore the world of ZORK... "be cool or be cast-out" indeed...