The Pillar of FLAME!

Joe G

The Pillar of Flame is a good friend of the band's, and has been lurking here lately with a mind to start posting. He's a hell of a guy, and a hell of a drummer. Hell Yea!

At the very least, my friend, you need to explain the username. :g

First, I should note that I'm not as cool as the original Pillar of Flame, a rockin' singer from a band in the Bay Area. The way he could scream and bellow out of tune, while sensously swaying his hips in an unintended polyrhythmic fashion, made me decide--right then and there--that I, too, had to be known as the Pillar of Flame. Actually, compared to the original, I should be a Pillar of Flame: that is, when it boils down to it, I'm just one of the many Pillars of Flame. There really is only one The Pillar of Flame. (When referring to the master, one must always include the article "the" before his name.)

If we all give ourselves a chance to reflect on the matter, each of us will realize that we all are a Pillar of Flame. Just ask Joe--he had a chance to see the master perform. Once he witnessed that epic event, Joe discovered his own a Pillar of Flame, hidden deep within his soul. And he has never been the same since.

For me, the only person who has contributed to society as much as The Pillar of Flame is the guy who advocates the use of blow-up female companions. That reminds me--does anyone have his e-mail address? I'd like to ask him if he realizes that he, too, is a Pillar of Flame--maybe The Pillar of Flame.

If we all give ourselves a chance to reflect on the matter, each of us will realize that we all are a Pillar of Flame. Just ask Joe--he had a chance to see the master perform. Once he witnessed that epic event, Joe discovered his own a Pillar of Flame, hidden deep within his soul. And he has never been the same since.

Indeed. Now, whenever I feel myself to be the victim of life circumstances, I simply combine my awareness as a Pillar of Flame with my inner Geoff Tate to release a primal metal scream of...

The Pillar of FLAAAAAAAAAAME-AH!

Works every time.

No, there's no reference to Zappa. Now, for the facts--the name came from a guy who called himself The Pillar of Flame. The best part is this: he was serious. For him, it meant something important. For us, it's been a never-ending well of comedy. In fact, we've been using the phrase, The Pillar of Flame , as an interjection. Consider this use: The Pillar of Flame! That was a great concert! Translated, it means this: Son of a bitch! That was a great concert.

Edited by The Pillar of Flame

So where do the midgets fit in?

They fit in most places. The compact physiques allow for easy packing and take up much less room than their full size counterparts.

So how many do you take along? I'm sure that you'll need a couple to administer the duct tape onto the moose's hooves. Do they also serve the gruel to the orcs, or is that covered by Bob Barker?

Edited by The Pillar of Flame

So how many do you take along? I'm sure that you'll need a couple to administer the duct tape onto the moose's hooves. Do they also serve the gruel to the orcs, or is that covered by Bob Barker?

No orcs allowed.

Mainly since I had to look up what an orc was.

Bob Barker on the other hand, he's always welcome in the house. But only as a guest, he's usually pre-occupied with all the ladies and has no spare time to help out.

oh and by the way, Mr Pillar Of Flame, a sincere WELCOME TO THIS BOARD!!!!

Catesta is the boss around here and I'm his trusty sidekick

(at least that's what he thinks, let's not disturb his little dream shall we?)

I'll second the welcome.

And yes couw is right, please don't disturb my little dream. I'm in a very fragile emotional state right now. :P