Show us your city or town.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey Bev, I had suspicions there was a North/South devide but are you really that far behind with the times up there???

This picture was sketched the other day.

Can't you see the excitement on Worksopians faces as rumours sweep across town that the new Buddy Bolden cylinder is about to go on sale? I'll leave you to imagine the joy that can be heard through each window as player pianos go into overdrive.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Snow in South Texas! Corpus Christi received 5" of snow on Christmas Eve, for an all time record. It snows here so infrequently that the previous record was in 1897. Some people were using surfboards, ironing boards (and anything else flat) to go sledding, since you rarely ever see an actual sled here... :P

p-3snowmontoyac1226_e.jpg

05.jpg

A few Christmas day photographs of Philadelphia.

Here's downtown ("Center City" to the locals) from one of the two rivers that borders the downtown area:

post-8-1104083146.jpg

Took me a minute to figure out where this was taken from. Around 28th Street facing East? You can almost see the building that I work in...

Edited by alankin