Show us your city or town.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lon, you're making me homesick for Austin.

I loved Fonda San Miguel!

I saw Miles and Metheny at the Paramount.

I always liked that Capitol building (even if I didn't agree w/what was going on inside :huh: ).

The Texas Museum looks beautiful.

I need to find an excuse to go visit my friends in Austin (it's been awhile since I was there- maybe 7-8 years). Perhaps it's time to lobby for a gig at the Elephant Club.....

I need me some Texas BBQ and some good Tex-Mex. Damn.

Thanks for posting those great pics! :g

Edited by Free For All

(note blood on pavements from last night's fights).

and note the whole street being tilted to the East. It's because the music shoppe is on the left hand side and Bev lives on the right hand side.

And because of gravity of course.

It's actually the pull of the European Union. You don't notice it there in Old Europe but out on the fringes...

You should see Narvik!

Whether you call it Bauhaus or International Style architecture, Tel Aviv is still the only city in the world that houses such a large collection of buildings designed in this style. It evolved in Germany in the 1920's, came to an abrupt end (in Germany) with the Nazi's rise to power and continued to develop in the U.S. and elsewhere. In Tel Aviv of the 1930's, Bauhaus architecture flourished, as is evidenced by many of the wonderful buildings that line the city's streets. Since the initial publication of this issue, the "White City of Tel Aviv" has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.

bauhau36.gif

espacios4.JPG

Whether you call it Bauhaus or International Style architecture, Tel Aviv is still the only city in the world that houses such a large collection of buildings designed in this style. It evolved in Germany in the 1920's, came to an abrupt end (in Germany) with the Nazi's rise to power and continued to develop in the U.S. and elsewhere. In Tel Aviv of the 1930's, Bauhaus architecture flourished, as is evidenced by many of the wonderful buildings that line the city's streets. Since the initial publication of this issue, the "White City of Tel Aviv" has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.

bauhau36.gif

espacios4.JPG

Sure looks like Miami to me! ^_^

Bentsy, man:

c'mon! both of us know that Tel Aviv is just a plain ugly city. No fancy photos can fool anyone who visited T-A. Great cultural atmosphere , sure. a fun city to hang in out, right on - but UG-LYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:P

Now Jerusalem on the other hand...

Edited by White Lightning

Bentsy, man:

c'mon! both of us know that Tel Aviv is just a plain ugly city. No fancy photos can fool anyone who visited T-A. Great cultural atmosphere , sure. a fun city to hang in out, right on - but UG-LYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:P

Now Jerusalem on the other hand...

:g:g:g

I cant argue with such a strange taste...

Tel-Aviv is an amazing city. Please refresh my memory, why you are coming to Tel-Aviv on Friday night??? What can you do in Jerusalem on friday evening? Visit the western wall??? The great cultural atmosphere and the night life, this is the real beauty. There is only one beautiful thing in Jerusalem: The road to Tel-Aviv...

Friday night in Tel-Aviv: Jemeel Moondoc:

Jemeel_Moondoc.jpg