Surface mail option to Europe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double bugger! Glad I do not live in the land of Toblerone and Cuckoo clocks! :P

(Ubu, like your new avatar!)

thought it was time for a change, after having had my original one since the start of this board...

btw, the cuckoo clock, so it seems, is originally a German product. Except for Japanese tourists, no one buys them anyway (well, maybe some almost mentally-retarted folks... ;) )

I know of nobody that has one hanging in his house or appartement!

Toblerone on the other hand :wub:

ubu

Ubu, perhaps its time to consider a move to Canadada? B)

(Off topic, I share my birthday with the opening of the Cabaret Voltaire!)

They're creating a shitty venue there, it seems. Retro-dadaism, instead of a memorial place. That movement is over, and it's no use trying to copy it. However, they planned opening a pharmacy there...

Tart Warmers

ubu ;)

That movement is over, and it's no use trying to copy it.

ARE U SURE ABUOT TAHT? AND STUFF?!

well yes, but can you explain me what's this got to do with surface mail and with cuckoo clocks? or is this the proof it ain't quite over yet? and is rocke indeed offended? if so, i humbly offer him becoming a duke in my royal property of böhmen/mähren, to reimburse!

ubu :huh:

well yes, but can you explain me what's this got to do with surface mail and with cuckoo clocks? or is this the proof it ain't quite over yet? and is rocke indeed offended? if so, i humbly offer him becoming a duke in my royal property of böhmen/mähren, to reimburse!

Blau ist die Farbe deines gelben Haares.

Blau ist die Farbe deines gelben Haares.

I always thought the color of an object should be the absorbed complementary color.

Hugo Ball

Eroeffnungs-Manifest, 1. Dada-Abend

Zuerich, 14. Juli 1916

Dada ist eine neue Kunstrichtung. Das kann man daran erkennen, dass bisher niemand etwas davon wusste und morgen ganz Zuerich davon reden wird. Dada stammt aus dem Lexikon. Es ist furchtbar einfach. Im Franzoesischen bedeutets Steckenpferd. Im Deutschen: Addio, steigt mir bitte den Ruecken runter, auf Wiedersehen ein ander Mal! Im Rumaenischen: 'Ja wahrhaftig, Sie haben Recht, so ist es. Jawohl, wirklich. Machen wir'. Und so weiter.

Ein internationales Wort. Nur ein Wort und das Wort als Bewegung. Es ist einfach furchtbar. Wenn man eine Kunstrichtung daraus macht, muss das bedeuten, man will Komplikationen wegnehmen. Dada Psychologie, Dada Literatur, Dada Bourgeoisie und ihr, verehrteste Dichter, die ihr immer mit Worten, nie aber das Wort selber gedichtet habt. Dada Weltkrieg und kein Ende, Dada Revolution und kein Anfang. Dada ihr Freunde und Auchdichter, allerwerteste Evangelisten. Dada Tzara, Dada Huelsenbeck, Dada m'dada, Dada mhm' dada, Dada Hue, Dada Tza.

Wie erlangt man die ewige Seligkeit? Indem man Dada sagt. Wie wird man beruehmt? Indem man Dada sagt. Mit edlem Gestus und mit feinem Anstand. Bis zum Irrsinn, bis zur Bewusstlosigkeit. Wie kann man alles Aalige und Journalige, alles Nette und Adrette, alles Vermoralisierte, Vertierte, Gezierte abtun? Indem man Dada sagt. Dada ist die Weltseele, Dada ist der Clou, Dada ist die beste Lilienmilchseife der Welt. Dada Herr Rubiner, Dada Herr Korrodi, Dada Herr Anastasius Lilienstein.

Das heisst auf Deutsch: die Gastfreundschaft der Schweiz ist ueber alles zu schaetzen, und im Aesthetischen kommt's auf die Norm an.

Ich lese Verse, die nichts weniger vorhaben als: auf die Sprache zu verzichten. Dada Johann Fuchsgang Goethe. Dada Stendhal. Dada Buddha, Dalai Lama, Dada m'dada, Dada m'dada, Dada mhm' dada. Auf die Verbindung kommt es an, und dass sie vorher ein bisschen unterbrochen wird. Ich will keine Worte, die andere erfunden haben. Alle Worte haben andere erfunden. Ich will meinen eigenen Unfug, und Vokale und Konsonanten dazu, die ihm entsprechen. Wenn eine Schwingung sieben Ellen lang ist, will ich fueglich Worte dazu, die sieben Ellen lang sind. Die Worte des Herrn Schulze haben nur zwei ein halb Zentimeter.

Da kann man nun so recht sehen, wie die artikulierte Sprache entsteht. Ich lasse die Laute ganz einfach fallen. Worte tauchen auf, Schultern von Worten; Beine, Arme, Haende von Worten. Ay, oi, u. Man soll nicht zuviel Worte aufkommen lasen. Ein Vers ist die Gelegenheit, moeglichst ohne Worte und ohne die Sprache auszukommen. Diese vermaledeite Sprache, an der Schmutz klebt wie von Maklerhaenden, die die Muenzen abgegriffen haben. Das Wort will ich haben, wo es aufhoert und wo es anfaengt.

Jede Sache hat ihr Wort; da ist das Wort selber zur Sache geworden. Warum kann der Baum nicht Pluplusch heissen, und Pluplubasch, wenn es geregnet hat? Und warum muss er ueberhaupt etwas heissen? Muessen wir denn ueberall unseren Mund dran haengen? Das Wort, das Wort, das Weh gerade an diesem Ort, das Wort, meine Herren, ist eine oeffentliche Angelegenheit ersten Ranges.

So July 14 is your birthday, Tony? Quatorze juillet, not a bad day... but that's rather Robbespierre than Voltraire ^_^

No its not!And this gets more dada by the minute! I always thought it opened on 5 feb 1916, after checking your post I had another look and find 5 March! at the Meirerei cafe with Hugo Ball, Tzara , Arp and Marcel Janco, so it seems I have led you up the garden path-sorry! :(

( incidently I did have some contact with Janco towards the end of his life while he was living in Israel)

No its not!And this gets more dada by the minute! I always thought it opened on 5 feb 1916, after checking your post I had another look and find 5 March! at the Meirerei cafe with Hugo Ball, Tzara , Arp and Marcel Janco, so it seems I have led you up the garden path-sorry! :(

( incidently I did have some contact with Janco towards the end of his life while he was living in Israel)

Wow! Care to share a bit?

I've just visited a Schwitters and an Arp/Schwitters exhibition in Basle! Schwitters was a giant! Right up there with Duchamp - well, almost...

Tony, I'm not sure about any dates, being at work. I'd have to check with my Dada-books. The best reference, if you read German, is still Hugo Ball's diary "Flucht aus der Zeit".

ubu

if so, i humbly offer him becoming a duke in my royal property of böhmen/mähren, to reimburse!

I gladly accept your offer anyway.

Bates Motel is laughable. This is some scary shit:

Well of course! All the more if you weren't offended! You may even become Herzog of Transilvania, if that is preferred... :g

And that scary shit is where you live?

ubu (scared to death :unsure: )