Teacher Mary Letourneau freed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ariceffron

HEL YEA. MARY KAY IS IN GIG HARBOUR. THATS ONLY 10 MIN. FROM ME. SINCE SHE JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL SHELL PROBABLY WANNA GO OUT AND STUFF-- I HOPE I EVENTUALLY MEET HER AT A BAR SOMEWHERE CAUSE I NEED TO GIVE HER A MAJOR STUFFING. SHE IS WAY HOT. JUST BEACUSE I WANT TO NAIL HER DOESNT NECESSARILY MEAN I AGREE WITH WHAT SHE DID. HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO SAY IF I WAS 12 ID RATHER RAIL A 34 YR. OLD THAN ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD BEACUSE WITH THE 12 YR. OLD ITS LIKE 2 STUPID KIDS AND SOMEONE COULD GET PREGANANT, BUT WITH A 34 YR OLD SHE KNOWS ABOUT STOPPING THAT SORT OF STUFF, ETC.

Although the media loves this story, they really play down the fact that Letourneau is the daughter of a former ultra-rightwing congressman. Must be that since ultras are family value folks, Mary Kay Letourneau is a forgivable aberration. I doubt a Democrat's daughter would be cut the same slack. :angry:

You are nuts...She has a mental illness...who gives a flying fuck what her father did, unless he was charged with molesting children? :huh: People like yourself believe anything and everything is political.

I guess I she try to find out if Scott Peterson's parents voted for Democrats, that would explain everything! :wacko:

HEL YEA. MARY KAY IS IN GIG HARBOUR. THATS ONLY 10 MIN. FROM ME. SINCE SHE JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL SHELL PROBABLY WANNA GO OUT AND STUFF-- I HOPE I EVENTUALLY MEET HER AT A BAR SOMEWHERE CAUSE I NEED TO GIVE HER A MAJOR STUFFING. SHE IS WAY HOT. JUST BEACUSE I WANT TO NAIL HER DOESNT NECESSARILY MEAN I AGREE WITH WHAT SHE DID. HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO SAY IF I WAS 12 ID RATHER RAIL A 34 YR. OLD THAN ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD BEACUSE WITH THE 12 YR. OLD ITS LIKE 2 STUPID KIDS AND SOMEONE COULD GET PREGANANT, BUT WITH A 34 YR OLD SHE KNOWS ABOUT STOPPING THAT SORT OF STUFF, ETC.

She's 42. Dress like a school boy.

What she did was wrong, and she deserved to be jailed. It is also only right and proper that she be a registered sex offender and barred from contact with minors.

But what is the point of forbidding contact with her now 21-year-old former lover/victim/father of her children? The guy is no longer a child. I think he has the right to see her if he wants, forgive her if he wants, and have a relationship with her if he wants. If he doesn't want to see her, of course, that's a different story. Here's a question: could the courts prevent this woman from having a sexual relationship with *other* 18 to 21-year-old men? Of course not.

I'm not talking about her crime here. I find what she did to be deplorable. It was an unconscionable abuse of power and a disgrace to the teaching profession. But what happens to her AFTER she has paid her debt to society is another matter.

I actually agree with Alex here, provided that her release came about because she served her full sentence for violating the earlier order when she was released the first time.

But the government has the right to set conditions if her release is coming early. But if she's paid her debt, I don't think that limits should be set on what they do now that both parties are adults.

Although the media loves this story, they really play down the fact that Letourneau is the daughter of a former ultra-rightwing congressman.  Must be that since ultras are family value folks, Mary Kay Letourneau is a forgivable aberration. I doubt a Democrat's daughter would be cut the same slack. :angry:

You are nuts...She has a mental illness...who gives a flying fuck what her father did, unless he was charged with molesting children? :huh: People like yourself believe anything and everything is political.

I guess I she try to find out if Scott Peterson's parents voted for Democrats, that would explain everything! :wacko:

Scott Peterson is a piss-poor example, and you know it. How about if it was Gary Condit's daughter?

HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO SAY IF I WAS 12 ID RATHER RAIL A 34 YR. OLD THAN ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD BEACUSE WITH THE 12 YR. OLD ITS LIKE 2 STUPID KIDS AND SOMEONE COULD GET PREGANANT, BUT WITH A 34 YR OLD SHE KNOWS ABOUT STOPPING THAT SORT OF STUFF, ETC.

:lol::lol::lol:

good one, Aric! :tup

I mean it -- I think Aric gets his own joke here. Am I right?

Edited by maren

Guest Chaney

HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO SAY IF I WAS 12 ID RATHER RAIL A 34 YR. OLD THAN ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD BEACUSE WITH THE 12 YR. OLD ITS LIKE 2 STUPID KIDS AND SOMEONE COULD GET PREGANANT, BUT WITH A 34 YR OLD SHE KNOWS ABOUT STOPPING THAT SORT OF STUFF, ETC.

:lol::lol::lol:

good one, Aric! :tup

I mean it -- I think Aric gets his own joke here. Am I right?

Maren, maren... dear, sweet maren...

I fear you're mistaken.

And the court has ruled: Let Love Rule

Court lets ex-teacher, pupil she raped, can reunite

Friday, August 6, 2004 Posted: 3:25 PM EDT (1925 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (CNN) -- A judge in Seattle on Friday lifted an order that barred contact between former school teacher and convicted rapist Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau, the now 21-year-old man whom she was convicted of assaulting when he was her student at the age of 13.

Letourneau was released from prison Wednesday and, within hours, Fualaau petitioned the court to lift the no-contact order, saying he still loves her.

The order was part of her sentence in 1997. The prosecutor's office said the court took into consideration that the victim is now a legal adult, and determined there was no legal basis to prevent contact between the two of them.

The couple's daughters, ages 5 and 7, live with Fualaau's mother, and he mostly lives with family friends. Fualaau is unemployed and didn't finish high school.

Letourneau was a 35-year-old elementary school teacher in the Seattle suburbs when she began having sex with the sixth-grader. She was already a mother of four at the time.

At a 2002 civil trial, Fualaau testified, "We had sex in the gym, we had sex in the girl's bathroom and we had sex in her classroom."

When Letourneau was arrested in 1997, she was already pregnant with Fualaau's daughter. Though she professed her love for the boy, a judge sentenced her to six months in jail for second-degree child rape, and ordered her to stay away from him.

A month after Letourneau was released, she was caught having sex with Fualaau in her car. She was sent to prison for 7 1/2 years, and gave birth to Fualaau's second daughter behind bars.

As a sex offender, Letourneau will have to register with the state and receive court-ordered treatment.

Author Gregg Olsen, who has been closely following the case, told CNN, "So many people see this as a love story and want to see them together. I do want to remind people that he was 12 and 13 years old when this thing happened, and his life has been profoundly impacted by what she did."

Olsen said he met with Fualaau three weeks ago, and found him mature following such a troubling past.

"Everything bad that could happen to a teenage boy, which is what he was at the time, happened to him," Olsen said.