Most dominate athlete in the Olympics

May-Walsh looked pretty darn dominant their ownselves.

I confess - I got into watching beach volleyball for the women's uniforms. But really, after having watched the GAME, the 2-on-2 action on the smaller "court" amkes for a game that makes regular indoor volleyball seem at once cluttered and cavernous.

Beach volleyball is a pretty darn good spectator sport, no matter what the uniforms are!

I confess - I got into watching beach volleyball for the women's uniforms. But really, after having watched the GAME, the 2-on-2 action on the smaller "court" amkes for a game that makes regular indoor volleyball seem at once cluttered and cavernous.

Beach volleyball is a pretty darn good spectator sport, no matter what the uniforms are!

I enjoy the way they celebrate at the end of the game. :wub:

:lol:

When I saw them rolling around in the sand after they won the gold medal, I thought [honestly] .."geez, I bet (insert screen name of choice) is loving this..."

:lol:

When I saw them rolling around in the sand after they won the gold medal, I thought [honestly] .."geez, I bet (insert screen name of choice) is loving this..."

:lol: Yes, I got a laugh out of it.

On the Today show this morning they ran a little montage of them slapping each other's butts after each great play ending up with them rolling around in the sand. Then Matt Lauer asked them about it and and the blond one gave the brunette a hug and a kiss.

But the sound was turned off, so I don't know what they said.

Mostly surprised, I'm not used to Women getting that frisky on TV.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Morocco's Hicham El Guerrouj turns out to be the King of the Athens Games with his double victory in the 1,500-meter and now the 5,000-meter runs. Remarkable revenge for this brillant runner who failed to win expected gold medals at the 1996 Atlanta and the 2000 Sydney Games.

Last time another athlete won gold in the two races was the great Paavo Nurmi back in 1924!

Morocco's Hicham El Guerrouj turns out to be the King of the Athens Games with his double victory in the 1,500-meter and now the 5,000-meter runs. Remarkable revenge for this brillant runner who failed to win expected gold medals at the 1996 Atlanta and the 2000 Sydney Games.

Last time another athlete won gold in the two races was the great Paavo Nurmi back in 1924!

A great victory indeed!

Kelly Holmes' win on the 1,500 metres was also memorable after her victory on the 800.

This is one of the best runners in Athletics history:

olympics%201500m%202004.jpg

(and I´m not pointing at Bernard Lagat) :P

1093605227_extras_portadilla_1.jpg

And this is said for one of the most passionate fans of Fermín Cacho, who was defeated many times by El Guerrouj... je, not in Barcelona (El Gerrouj was 18 at that time) nor in Atlanta! ;)

CACHO_Fermin_19970806_GH_T.jpg

This photo was took in one of the best 1.500 races I´ve ever seen. 1997 World Championships: El Guerrouj won the race, but Fermín was second, with an incredible 52.8 for the last lap.

Just one week later, at the Weltklasse meet in Zurich, Cacho's fast time finally came when he finished second over 1.500m behind El Guerrouj in a time of 3min 28.95sec, which moved him to third on the all-time world list behind Morceli and El Guerrouj. Oh, but those were the times....

1786i.jpg

paavo.jpg

Yeah, the great Paavo Nurmi. In fact he won a total of nine gold and three silver Olympic medals: three golds and one silver at Antwerp in 1920, five golds at Paris in 1924 and one gold and two silvers at Amsterdam in 1928. And he set altogether 25 world records at distances from 1,500 metres to 20,000 metres.

A true legend of Athletics.