Favorite pianist from this list

Name your favorite pianist from this list  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Mnytime

What no Tatum, Monk, Powell or Cecil? All of whom I would pick before anyone on that particular list, though not in this order. In fact only Evans and Tyner would even make my personal top 10 but that is just IMHO.

Bill Evans was my choice since he places higher on my list (5th) than Tyner (10th).

Edited by Mnytime

After sleeping on it, I decided to go with Tyner. (Damn it, Moose, stop thinking like me!)

Bill Evans would have been a close second, and Herbie next.

I felt that Tyner's work with Coltrane is so exquisite. Then he had a tremendously consistent career both as leader and sideman. In my opinion, he took a lot of Monk and Powell and he became a better finished product than either of them.

Bill Evans is GOD too.

Herbie is AWESOME but he loses points for going astray during the fusion years.

Sorry to all the others; they're GREAT too.

Moose, no Tyner as leader cds? Boy do you have a treat ahead of you. I like TIME FOR TYNER, INFINITY, THE REAL MCCOY, EXTENSIONS, NEW YORK REUNION, NIGHTS OF BALLADS AND BLUES, EXPANSIONS, LIVE AT NEWPORT, INCEPTION, REACHING FOURTH. I've also left out tons of good stuff here as well.

God bless McCoy Tyner! (Hey, I'm starting to sound like wingy/deep) :g

My favorite pianist, Ed Higgins, is not on this list. Even if he had been, I wouldn't have voted, because I'm tired of these polls. What's the use? :unsure:

Of course, I said "from this list." That doesn't mean that good people aren't left out or that the winner becomes the greatest pianist or anything.

you don't have to vote if you don't want to. Perhaps you'd like to check out another thread then. <_<

Hey Ed,

Always wanted to know: how do you pronounce your last name? with a (k) or a (ch)?

I pronounce it with a ch sound. Most do not, so I don't mind if someone does use the k sound.

Just don't call me "spinach". Ask Tod about that ;)

Understanding that you can't pick everybody, I still would have included Wyton Kelly, definitely a contemporary of all those people. Horace is the man for me. He is the trail blazer after Bud. Everyone else is second in my book. Can't believe he got so few votes.