Circular breathing

Bright Moments

From the liner notes of Rahsaan's Prepare Thyself To Deal With A Miracle:

"...Rahsaan has always been known for his breathing abilities; however, more important, Rahsaan has taken a 21 minute solo on this LP that must be historically recorded for its masterfulness. The Saxophone Concerto encompasses all levels and progressions in Black Music (Swing, Bebop, and Now). The 21 minute solo is without taking a single breath until its completion..."

Guest Chaney

Old news to those who frequent the Funny Rat thread but considered by many (well, quite a few of us, anyway) to be wonderful:

brd047.jpg

Gianni Gebbia: Arcana Major/Sonic Tarots Session (Rastascan BRD 047)

It's positively spooky the perfection with which this man does the circular breathing thing.

Limited edition of 500 copies. Sad, in a way, isn't it? Only 500 copies of this gem pressed and still copies are easilly found. Tragic that such talent goes almost unnoticed.

Old news to those who frequent the Funny Rat thread but considered by many (well, quite a few of us, anyway) to be wonderful:

brd047.jpg

It's positively spooky the perfection with which this man does the circular breathing thing.

Limited edition of 500 copies. Sad, in a way, isn't it? Only 500 copies of this gem pressed and still copies are easilly found. Tragic that such talent goes almost unnoticed.

arcana major is da shit!

ubu ^_^

Never could get the knack of it, but never tried too hard to do so.

I'm a fan of space, usually. I like playing that breathes.

But there have been times when I'd like to have been able to do it. And as an "effect" (in the good sense) it's undeniably effective.

Even non-musicians can get the underlying concept - get a glass of water and a straw - blow bubbles, fill cheeks, squeeze out that air while inhaling through nose. Don't let the bubbles stop. I've had little kids who can do this.

Now, maintaining a playing embouchure and good tone, intonation, melodic ideas at the same time.......

Mike

brd047.jpg

Easily found, my eye!!!! I've been looking for this for months and I've yet to find it anywhere. Must be lookin' in all the wrong places.

I know, it''s easy in theory. But I've got a coordinational disconnect with this, it seems. I can't even do the straw-in-the-water thing, not continuously.

After much practice, though, I CAN walk and chew gum at the same time with only a minimual amount of stumbling. :tup:g

brd047.jpg

Gianni Gebbia:  Arcana Major/Sonic Tarots Session (Rastascan BRD 047)

Limited edition of 500 copies.  Sad, in a way, isn't it?  Only 500 copies of this gem pressed and still copies are easilly found.  Tragic that such talent goes almost unnoticed.

arcana major is da shit!

ubu ^_^

Would this be an example of "Rat droppings"? :o

Guest Chaney

brd047.jpg

Gianni Gebbia:  Arcana Major/Sonic Tarots Session (Rastascan BRD 047)

Limited edition of 500 copies.  Sad, in a way, isn't it?  Only 500 copies of this gem pressed and still copies are easilly found.  Tragic that such talent goes almost unnoticed.

Easily found, my eye!!!! I've been looking for this for months and I've yet to find it anywhere. Must be lookin' in all the wrong places.

:o

I stand corrected.

I sent an e-mail to Gino Robair / Rastascan asking if copies were available and received this response:

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, it is out of print. However, I expect to get some as returns

from my distributor in the next month or two, so have your friend check

back with me then.

cheers,

ginorobair