E-mail From A Fan...

----Original Message]

My name is Bradley and ive been a fan of your band for

about 4 months now. your perspective on music from what I hear is extremely free. When I listen It trips me out because our approach is simillar but different because we are different people.I have been playing drums for about 8 years and I really need to fing a nich where people can let me express myself in an open playing atmosphere where all thoughts and feelings are on the table, and where all the governings of society are gone. It means the world to me to be able to sit in with you guys and I hope you wouldn't mind if I bring my kit to one of your gigs set it up early and wait out the evening to find an opportunity to play with all of you.Im going to skip my graduation to come see yawl play tonight at billys I hope you dont mind if I bring my jazz kit I will be there early.

Bradley;

I really appreciate your enthusiasm and would be interested in meeting you. Note; We are not at Billy's tonight so don't skip your graduation! We play the first Tuesday of every month. Also, the idea of you bringing your drum kit won't work. First of all, I don't know you, there's no room onstage for another kit, and we don't usually have people we don't know sitting in unless they are horn players who know our tunes.

I would be interested in hearing you play! Send me a tape or CD. Or let me know if you play somewhere...

Edited by randissimo

Gotta admire the kid's spunk, but PLEASE contribute to his edjumacational life exspearimintce and tell him that the PROPER spelling of "yawl" is "y'all". He might be able to walk the walk and talk the talk, but until he learns to SPELL the talk, well, he'll never REALLY swing.

Gotta admire the kid's spunk, but PLEASE contribute to his edjumacational life exspearimintce and tell him that the PROPER spelling of "yawl" is "y'all".  He might be able to walk the walk and talk the talk, but until he learns to SPELL the talk, well, he'll never REALLY swing.

Dig dat den... B)

Edited by randissimo

Gotta admire the kid's spunk, but PLEASE contribute to his edjumacational life exspearimintce and tell him that the PROPER spelling of "yawl" is "y'all". He might be able to walk the walk and talk the talk, but until he learns to SPELL the talk, well, he'll never REALLY swing.

There is definitely a fine art to learning how to SPELL 'the talk'. :g:g

And actually, that's one of the things I like about on-line conversations, is finding things in print, that you'd normally only ever expect to 'hear'. As MasterCard would say... "Priceless'!!! :g:g

Gotta admire the kid's spunk, but PLEASE contribute to his edjumacational life exspearimintce and tell him that the PROPER spelling of "yawl" is "y'all".  He might be able to walk the walk and talk the talk, but until he learns to SPELL the talk, well, he'll never REALLY swing.

There is definitely a fine art to learning how to SPELL 'the talk'. :g:g

And actually, that's one of the things I like about on-line conversations, is finding things in print, that you'd normally only ever expect to 'hear'. As MasterCard would say... "Priceless'!!! :g:g

A lot of kids can't spell... Some of my 20 something nephews can barely fill out a job app... :(

While we're at it, someone should teach Tom Brokaw to pronounce "Gloucester, MA" ---- it ain't 'Glowster' (as in 'Ow! That ice-pick of yours seems to have come into contact with my ribcage!)

:eye:

Um... I believe that's the way it's supposed to be pronounced. How else would it be pronounced? Glew-ster? No way. Glaw-ster? Maybe... but when you say it fast enough (like we do up this way), it slurs to Gl'stah.:D

Latah,

Kevin

"Gloster" in this part of the world ....

Good cathedral, interesting locals, not a lot else ... :g

:rhappy:

Well of course you do! Say....don't you people also consume massive organ-clogging quantities of printers ink when it soaks into the fried foodstuffs that are served up in tightly bound day old copies of The Guardian???? ;)