How many jazz cds do you own?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he manage to get away with 5000 CDs?

A former neighbor whom I had known for 20 years. I let him stay in my apartment while I was out of town, and he apparently made many trips past my doormen. I didn't know about his problem. BTW he also took about 100 DVDs, but none of my audio or computer equipment.

Insured??

A former neighbor whom I had known for 20 years. I let him stay in my apartment while I was out of town, and he apparently made many trips past my doormen. I didn't know about his problem. BTW he also took about 100 DVDs, but none of my audio or computer equipment.

How long have we known you? :ph34r:

I have had close to 5000 CD stolen from me by a crack addict, including some of my favorite boxed sets. So I am down to 5 or 6000, but--except for the odd one that somehow escaped their fingers--all my Bird, Trane, Duke, Louis, Billie, Sarah, Basie, Jelly Roll, Waller discs are gone.

Sorry to read this, Chris! This must have been a terrible blow for a music lover like you.

:(

I have had close to 5000 CD stolen from me by a crack addict, including some of my favorite boxed sets. So I am down to 5 or 6000, but--except for the odd one that somehow escaped their fingers--all my Bird, Trane, Duke, Louis, Billie, Sarah, Basie, Jelly Roll, Waller discs are gone.

Sorry to read this, Chris! This must have been a terrible blow for a music lover like you.

:(

ditto.

Sorry about losing much of your collection.

Life goes on...

Insured??

No insurance, Wolff.

Yes, Connoisseur, life does indeed go on.

I had around 3200 CDs when I last was able to look at them and estimate (about 2 years ago). Now, about 99% of them are in storage, and I have about 40 CDs to listen to (except for my mp3 player which is loaded up).

It's weird, not having my collection around has helped me slow down my purchases.

Actually...

Not having a job has done a LOT more to slow down my purchases. Oof!

:wacko: :rsly:

This is funny because I've never actually kept count, but having spent the last month filling my iPod up (that is going to hold about 450 albums), I've realised that I must have well over in jazz releases.

The iPod is currently about 80% jazz, which is probably similar to my collection in general. I haven't even thought about which Stax and Motown I'm going to put on :o