NBA 2004-2005

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobcats got screwed, falling to 5th.  Anyone else think this draft lottery thing is a little silly?

The one advantage of the lottery is that to some degree it reduces the incentive to tank your season because you aren't guaranteed a high pick. That's the only thing I can think of.

I'm a little surprised that the Suns didn't foul much earlier tonight. They started about 40 seconds too late. Anyway, they're in trouble.

Guy

Looks like Larry Brown looking for a way to run out on Pistons. I said before Brown does not like to stay too long with any team especially after he has taught all he can teach. Getting a team to continuously EXECUTE is boring to Brown, thus he would even leave a championship team after 2 years on a 5 year contract.

This might be the opening P. Jackson was waiting for; a really good team to continue winning championships with AND NO ego problems. :g:cool:

Edited by BruceW

This might be the opening P. Jackson was waiting for; a really good team to continue winning championships with AND NO ego problems.

I sure hope that Phil wouldn't come to Detroit. I've intensely disliked Phil Jackson since the "Bad Boys" days, when, in Chicago, he was talking about "saving basketball" from the Pistons. I've seen no evidence that Jackson himself can build or sustain a team. He's relied on rosters with superstar(s) and decent assistant coaches for the considerable success that he's had. I hope that Dumars would not make such a Dorko move.

This might be the opening P. Jackson was waiting for; a really good team to continue winning championships with AND NO ego problems.

I sure hope that Phil wouldn't come to Detroit. I've intensely disliked Phil Jackson since the "Bad Boys" days, when, in Chicago, he was talking about "saving basketball" from the Pistons. I've seen no evidence that Jackson himself can build or sustain a team. He's relied on rosters with superstar(s) and decent assistant coaches for the considerable success that he's had. I hope that Dumars would not make such a Dorko move.

Very interesting observation. I am Piston fan. Also Laker fan until Kobe emerged as big shit face. Did not realize PJ made that statement. But egos aside, Phil could lead Pistons to at least 3 more championships....... :w

Having said that, he would disgrace himself by returning to Lakers after the way they treated him (ergo, the same as Chicago treated him). By the bye, he could also lead Chicago back to championships (because of the talent they have now) but he just does not need to go there either. All players and coaches SAY things about their competition and then make moves to those very same teams later on. This is the same situation, forgive what he said and allow him to get those additional championships for the Pistons.

Bruce

I doubt that Phil has the skills or the character to coach the Pistons.  He's no Larry Brown, Rick Carlisle or Chuck Daly.

You got to be kidding. PJ is MORE than Rick can ever hope to be; won 9 more championships than Brown and 8 more than Daly. I know you speak from hurt feelings but damn.........

Exactly how many coaches have built a team and then won a championship with them???????

Rick built a Detroit team, could not win; then built an Indiana team, still has not won. Brown built 76er team, could not win..... Doug Collins built Chicago team and could not win. AND all those Laker coaches who could not win before PJ instilled winning in them. QUESTION; do you want to win or just stay angry at what somebody said 15 years ago???

peace :bwallace: :bwallace2: :bwallace:

BruceW, you may disagree with my I-could-be-wrong-but-I-doubt-it ;) evaluation of Phil Jackson, but please do not reduce my reservations about Phil to things he said about the Pistons years ago.

I've been a usually-ardent NBA fan since I saw Elgin Baylor and Jerry West play at the L.A. Sports Arena (and then the Fabulous Forum) when I was a kid.

Let's just agree to disagree about Phil's skillz, for now, and root for the Pistons.

:tup :bwallace2: :bwallace::)

BruceW, you may disagree with my I-could-be-wrong-but-I-doubt-it ;) evaluation of Phil Jackson, but please do not reduce my reservations about Phil to things he said about the Pistons years ago. 

I've been a usually-ardent NBA fan since I saw Elgin Baylor and Jerry West play at the L.A. Sports Arena (and then the Fabulous Forum) when I was a kid.

Let's just agree to disagree about Phil's skillz, for now, and root for the Pistons.

:tup  :bwallace2:  :bwallace:  :)

Peace SEK :tup :bwallace2: :bwallace::rolleyes:

One question on PJ's skills: if he has such low skills, how does he win 9 championships (plus 1 as a player) - 90% of the teams in the league have at least two stars (one super and one regular star minimum) and those coaches are not winning championships.

Yeah I agree, go Pistons!! :bwallace: :bwallace2:

One question on PJ's skills: if he has such low skills, how does he win 9 championships (plus 1 as a player) -  90% of the teams in the league have at least two stars (one super and one regular star minimum) and those coaches are not winning championships. 

I didn't say that PJ had particularly low skills as a coach. I just don't see him as having the right kind of mindset that has driven the tough, defensive-minded Pistons ensembles to success. Perhaps even more key to Phil's success with any team, there aren't (m)any more Michael Jordans, and I don't see a lot of athletic and healthy monster Shaq-types coming down the pike.

One question on PJ's skills: if he has such low skills, how does he win 9 championships (plus 1 as a player) -  90% of the teams in the league have at least two stars (one super and one regular star minimum) and those coaches are not winning championships.

Also, didn't the Lakers have Shaq and Kobe for a few years before Phil came in and experienced moderate or little playoff success?

Guy

Also, didn't the Lakers have Shaq and Kobe for a few years before Phil came in and experienced moderate or little playoff success?

Guy

Thank you

:cool:

Edited by BruceW

I thought the last few minutes of the Suns-Spurs game got awfully physical, largely to the benefit of the Suns. Well, the Suns didn't get swept, but I don't see them taking game 5.

Let's see if the Pistons can snap out of their funk and win tomorrow.