• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

suns and heat in phoenix tonight

shaq's only appearance in phoenix, unless this is a preview of the nba finals

anyone want to go?

i am planning on going, i am gonna check ticketmaster for a ticket

ss1

You don't REALLY expect to get a ticket, do you????

:lol:

Bill Simmons, The Sports Guy, rated the Celtic players recently on his page:

The Sports Guy

This quote just made me laugh out loud:

RICKY DAVIS

Here's the Ricky moment that sums everything up: We're down by 22 to the Pistons with six minutes to go in the fourth. Larry Brown puts Darko Milicic and the autistic kid wearing the peanut costume from Carver High in the game, signifying that, yes, we're officially in garbage time. So Ricky gets a steal, streaks down the side and unleashes a hellacious dunk ... and then he stares down the Pistons bench for a second before running back up the floor. Billups and the Wallace brothers were looking at each other like, "Whaaaat? Wait a second, whaaaaaat?"

How about some love for the Bulls? 7 wins in a row, including two come from behind victories against the Knicks. Last year's team would definitely have folded. I am astonished, but they are better than mediocre and actually have flashes of goodness. They should make the playoffs and maybe even get past the first round. And assuming that most the very young players return, they have a decent core to keep building upon.

At this point I think it will be San Antonio vs either Miami or Detroit in the Finals. Shaq and Wade might be too much for the Pistons, especially if a third player steps up to play big for the Heat. I think Haslem can be that third threat for them. I don't think Phoenix or Seattle will have what it takes come playoff time.

My Flakers suck worse than my PaperClips, at this point. I'm actually hoping the Lakers miss the playoffs, maybe get a good draft pick or something.

The Heat need to unload the pouter Eddie Jones. He's not going to help them win. You'll notice I didn't mention him as the third player to step up for Miami.

I still think the Pistons will be right there, I just think Shaq and Wade could possibly take them down. The Pistons' bench isn't quite as strong as it was.

• 2 weeks later...

LeBron is the most exciting player alive. I hope his ankle isn't hurt bad. According to ESPN last night the MVP is a toss up between LeBron and Nash, but I'd give it to Shaq or Duncan myself.

The Baby Bulls are growing up! The solid play of Hinrich sets the pace.

Clippers slapped around the Lakers last night.

The Clippers have a better team than the Lakers--even with Kobe, who didn't play last night. The Clippers have superior point guards, better post players, and a deeper bench.

Got the Kings at the Spurs on right now. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili play the game the way it is meant to be played.

I tell you in all seriousness that no one in Chicago expected this, but it is very nice to see the Bulls return to respectability. They have an incredible bench. I don't think they will get too far in the playoffs this year, but if most of the team returns and they continue playing defense and good, unselfish team ball (yeah some big ifs), we should have some very solid seasons. This is a very, very young team, so they should continue to improve, especially as they no longer have any bitter veterans to drag them down (and no I wasn't talking about Pippen who was on the roster last year).

Edited by ejp626

I think the whole NBA learned a lesson. But unfortunately both the Pistons and the Pacers are going to be stigmatized by the refs for a long time. In last nights game they were handing out technical fouls like they were going out of style. They gave one to Reggie in the first few minutes of the first quarter for nothing.

Pistons smacked around the Knicks tonight. No surprise there. I didn't see the game as I had a gig but I like this line from the ESPN recap:

The NBA champion Pistons will visit the White House on Monday, but Rasheed Wallace is not excited. "I didn't vote for him," he said.

Another reason to love the guy! :lol: