New T-Shirt / Merch Company w/ Blue Note images

bluesForBartok

Quite a good selection, and much better (for my tastes) than the jazz shirts that Gear has (I think that's the company).

Also, make sure you scroll up and down the whole list of names too --- cuz there's more names then just what's shown on the screen at any one time. Also, they're sorted by alpha, but I think there were one or two down at the bottom that were out of order - so if you're looking for somebody in particular, scroll through the whole list.

I'd expect $28 for a sweatshirt. It's a little steep for a t-shirt.

They are quite nice though.

Thanks for the scroll tip Rooster. I would've missed that. I spend all my time building corporate sites/web apps that I sometimes miss those "cool" design elements.

Edited by mgraham333

is it me, or does anyone else prefer jazz t-shirts that don't have the artist's name emblazoned on the front? i know who kenny dorham is, and if someone doesn't, i'd rather they approach me and say, "cool shirt, who is that?" rather than seeing the name and say, "who is kenny dorham?" it's a small point i'll admit, it's just my preference. of course, the big reason (literally) i'll never order from these guys is that they don't carry size xxl. like my music, i like a little free space in my clothing. if i was into narrow constriction, i'd listen to pop. :P

btw, who the hell buys a small? :blink:

Edited by jazzshrink

• 2 weeks later...

is it me, or does anyone else prefer jazz t-shirts that don't have the artist's name emblazoned on the front? i know who kenny dorham is, and if someone doesn't, i'd rather they approach me and say, "cool shirt, who is that?" rather than seeing the name and say, "who is kenny dorham?" it's a small point i'll admit, it's just my preference.

No, jazzshrink, it's not just you and I'm not sure it's such a small point. I wonder how many other folks (besides you & I) feel this way and how this impacts sales.

My gearink Clifford shirt is cool because his name tucks into my pants! And in the case of my Coltrane shirt, "TRANE" runs vertically (and relatively discreetly) to the side of his image. Re. the shirts mentioned in this thread, I've purchased the Jackie McLean and Sonny Clarke -- though would have balked if the artist name font was as gawdy/corny as the Western-style used on the Hank Mobley and a couple of others. What a shame, I'd probably buy a couple more of these were it not for this issue. Maybe these shirts are being marketed to younger folks who perceive this "retro" style font as attractive. Yech!!!

Edited by James