BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

Here I've been insisting that only jazz releases a year or less old are added to the mix, and now I see the Charlie Parker - The Complete Verve Masters is new this week. I'm pretty sure that's been out way over a year, hasn't it?

I came to my conclusion while holding my breath for them to carry The Plugged Nickel box and later the In A Silent Way box.

Anyway, I did not notice any new additions to the mix last week, but I count 18 this week. I can recommend the Barney Kessel compilation Plays For Lovers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a member of BMG but is there some sort of "buddy link" that gives a deal to a member who brings in a newbie?  Would hate to sign on without sharing da luv. :wub:

I can sign you up, if interested. Tried sending a PM but received a 'Mail Failed' message.

Let me know!

got the PM but my reply was errored as well.

i might be interested in taking the plunge so let me know how to include you or visa versa. thanks.

Never been a member of BMG but is there some sort of "buddy link" that gives a deal to a member who brings in a newbie?  Would hate to sign on without sharing da luv. :wub:

I can sign you up, if interested. Tried sending a PM but received a 'Mail Failed' message.

Let me know!

got the PM but my reply was errored as well.

i might be interested in taking the plunge so let me know how to include you or visa versa. thanks.

Sent you an email.

You're welcome Ghost.

I guess I should add that it looks like a prime set. I have almost all of the material already, scattered over various Bird and other CDs, but the sound is supposedly great, and it looks like a great way to experience Bird's Verve years in a continuous manner (the complete set always put me off with the massive amount of alternate takes). At least one reviewer on Amazon expressed the caveat that the Master Takes set is not truly complete--evidently Verve defined the parameters as dates led solely by Bird--hence some of the Afro-Cuban dates, "Repetition" (kind of odd, since it does show up on the "Master Takes With Strings" set), and the sides with Coleman Hawkins aren't here. In any case, if you can pick it up for free with your vouchers or at a greatly reduced price, yes, I think it would be well worth it. Lon, I believe, already has it and might be able to weigh in more effectively for or against than I.

There are some great deals to be had with the 60% off / no shipping code. Thanks for posting that! For less than $43 I got Sonny Criss- Complete Imperial Sessions (Remastered), Ornette Coleman, The Complete Science Fiction Sessions (Remastered), Kenny Dorham, 'Round About Midnight At The Cafe Bohemia (Remastered) and Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come (Deluxe Edition)

That is just over $5 a disc. Not too shabby.

Another discount code: (does not include box sets)

60% off with free shipping/handling. (you still have to pay for taxes).

B4ODS30

expires 2/21/04

(third character is not a zero, it's alpha 'O', last character of code is a zero)

Spend, spend, spend :g

Edited by Tjazz

I wish they'd get the rest of the Dylan SACDs in there already. Columbia House has them all but they won't let my wife join. I was going to get them all in the intro offer under her name but they are demanding bank account info, etc, making it more difficult than usual to join, so I told them I'll just give my money to someone else.

I just meandered into the BMG box sets sections and saw the Clifford Brown Blue Note-Pacific,Grant Green retrospective and Nina Simone sets all at nice prices. I'd appreciate you input as to the music itself and the overall sound quality of these sets.Thanks. :)

Don't have the Nina Simone, but I do have the Clifford Brown and Grant Green. These are both excellent sets. The Brown is essential, IMO. Especially at such a good price. The Green is a great set as well...unless, ofcourse, you already have most of the albums the songs are pulled from. Even if you do, I'd still say go for it at the price BMG are selling it for. Especially if you can hold out for the next sale where shipping and handling isn't applied to box sets (like they had a couple of months ago). I got these sets so cheap I almost felt like I was stealing them! :D

I've gotten vouchers from BMG for the settlement.

If you bought 1-5 at regular price - you get 1 CD at 75% w/ free shipping/handling. ($4.50)

Bought 6-10 - you get 2 @ 75% off.

Bought 11 or more - you get 3.

I will only ask for 1, since I usually cancel after fullfilling my membership.

B)

Edited by Tjazz