My wife is going into labor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Sangry said, don't freak out if a c-section is necessary.  My wife's is barely even visible now.

...easy for the guy to say! ;)

Hell no! Not easy at all! Trust me, I was freakin' out when the doctor said he'd have to do a c-section. I was also very relieved since my wife had been in labor for 24 hours at that point.

That's childbirth!! Multiple conflicting emotions running rampant!

Like Sangry said, don't freak out if a c-section is necessary.  My wife's is barely even visible now.

Hell no! Not easy at all! Trust me, I was freakin' out when the doctor said he'd have to do a c-section. I was also very relieved since my wife had been in labor for 24 hours at that point.

That's childbirth!! Multiple conflicting emotions running rampant!

...just messin' with you Jim; I'm sure you were freaking! My comment sounds like something my better half would say if I said what you (and Jim) said! :wacko:

Hey, I was the "coach" for both of our kids' birth (first was C-section, second was vaginal, but only after a lengthy labor and the "nudging" use of forceps), and as such it was my "job" to keep my wife sane and focused no matter how wiggy things got. Hardest job I've ever had in my life. Nothing else comes close. But I succeeded, and it didn't kill me. Therefore, as the saying goes...

But how my wife got through it unscathed, I'll never comprehend. Hell, a little bit of constipation blows my mood...

Not sure about that. On balance it leads to a less painful birth, and the birth date can be controlled.

In countries like Thailand, most births are done by c-section. It's the default method.

:o Five days!

Best wishes to you and the Mrs..

Yikes !!! Something to hold over the kid for years and years, "Your mother was in labor for 100+ hours, so eat your carrots, dammit!" ^_^

I hope the kid will be a happy, healthy and a future Republican! :P (Kids have to give their parents some grief!)

Not sure about that. On balance it leads to a less painful birth, and the birth date can be controlled.

In countries like Thailand, most births are done by c-section. It's the default method.

I'll try not to get too graphic here, but I will second (or third, or fourth) the advice not to freak out if a c-section is necessary. I mean, I know that some unnecessary ones have been done, but "uncontrolled" tears or ruptures elsewhere can be far worse.

:o  Five days!

Best wishes to you and the Mrs..

Yikes !!! Something to hold over the kid for years and years, "Your mother was in labor for 100+ hours, so eat your carrots, dammit!" ^_^

I hope the kid will be a happy, healthy and a future Republican! :P (Kids have to give their parents some grief!)

Can you imagine that? Kid comes home one day dressed in a suit and tie, with a “Jenna 4 Prez” button on his lapel, briefcase in one hand, a copy of Sean Hannity’s latest book in the other, and says “You guys just don’t understand me.” :g :g :g

And if I know Johnny, he’ll still love the kid with all his heart. A good man, that Johnny is. (Although he’ll still ask, “Where the heck did we go wrong?” ;) )

Still pullin’ for ya, man! Hang in there. :)

Thanks Al. And you're right, I'd still love em' unconditionally. Frankly, I'd prefer he do drugs and vandalize the neighborhood like a normal teenager than cross over to the dark side and become a Republican, but hey, you never know. Maybe we should name him Alex P. Ewing?

And now for the update...

We went back to the hospital yesterday and Melissa ran through the gamut of tests and her vitals all look good, so they sent us home again. Now it’s back to the waiting game just like before. Melissa has had a horrible pregnancy with Hyperemesis, Pregnancy Induced Hypertension and Preeclampsia. I’m very weary but have no room to complain with Melissa going through all that she has. Anyway, I’m back at work today after missing all last week and after submitting my Paternity leave. It’s proving to be a harder readjustment than I thought. I really don’t want to be here, but it’s better that I work now and save the time off for the baby and Melissa.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and I’ll be sure to keep all of you posted when Melissa goes into labor for real.

Frankly, I'd prefer he do drugs and vandalize the neighborhood like a normal teenager than cross over to the dark side and become a Republican, but hey, you never know.

:lol:

I won't name any names, since this isn't a Politics page -- but I think we all know that the above varieties of acting-out are NOT necessarily mutually exclusive! A false dichotomy, in other words!

Thanks Al. And you're right, I'd still love em' unconditionally. Frankly, I'd prefer he do drugs and vandalize the neighborhood like a normal teenager than cross over to the dark side and become a Republican, but hey, you never know. Maybe we should name him Alex P. Ewing?

Thanks again for all the well wishes and I’ll be sure to keep all of you posted when Melissa goes into labor for real.

Johnny, Melissa will NOT be pregnant forever, though to her it may seem like it.

Her mission, and she has chosen to accept it, is to bring another Democrat, or at least a politically open-minded citizen into the world. You're right, we love them, even if they should choose to go over to the Dark Side.

I have every confidence in Melissa and when the little one bursts into the world, I, and everyone here want to know all about it.

Good luck pre-Dad!!! :wub:

And you never know: the whole time my daughter was growing up, I thought she would be a serious tree-hugger. Somehow she ended up a conservative! Don't know how, why, or when, but I can tell you that I never once told her how she should vote for anything (which would be difficult anyway, seeing as she's only 17 (for a couple more weeks, anyway)).

And you never know: the whole time my daughter was growing up, I thought she would be a serious tree-hugger. Somehow she ended up a conservative! Don't know how, why, or when, but I can tell you that I never once told her how she should vote for anything (which would be difficult anyway, seeing as she's only 17 (for a couple more weeks, anyway)).

She must have gotten caught up with the wrong crowd. All it takes is one bad apple in her homeroom class and before you know it she's riding around in his pick-up truck, wearing his cowboy hat and listening to Young Country...Toby Keith and Darryl Worley have done more irreparable damage to the youth of America than Alice Copper, Ozzy Osborne and Marilyn Manson combined.

She must have gotten caught up with the wrong crowd. All it takes is one bad apple in her homeroom class and before you know it she's riding around in his pick-up truck, wearing his cowboy hat and listening to Young Country...Toby Keith and Darryl Worley have done more irreparable damage to the youth of America than Alice Copper, Ozzy Osborne and Marilyn Manson combined.

Nope, 'tweren't that! She hates country music! B-)

Anyway, as with all teenagers, this is how she feels TODAY. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? ^_^ (You'll find this out yourself if you're having a girl, BTW! ;):P )

She must have gotten caught up with the wrong crowd.  All it takes is one bad apple in her homeroom class and before you know it she's riding around in his pick-up truck, wearing his cowboy hat and listening to Young Country...Toby Keith and Darryl Worley have done more irreparable damage to the youth of America than Alice Copper, Ozzy Osborne and Marilyn Manson combined.

Anyway, as with all teenagers, this is how she feels TODAY. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? ^_^ (You'll find this out yourself if you're having a girl, BTW! ;):P )

Nope, we're having a boy. I'll just have to beat liberalism into him. :P

She must have gotten caught up with the wrong crowd.  All it takes is one bad apple in her homeroom class and before you know it she's riding around in his pick-up truck, wearing his cowboy hat and listening to Young Country...Toby Keith and Darryl Worley have done more irreparable damage to the youth of America than Alice Copper, Ozzy Osborne and Marilyn Manson combined.

Please, comrade, that is so Stalinist old-school!!! Nowadays we prefer a much softer touch for re-education efforts. B-)

Of course, if he ultimately proves resistant to your efforts, we must exile him at once!!! :rmad: Either that or shoot him down like a mad Trotskyite dog...

In all seriousness, he will be quite lucky to have you for a father. :tup

Oh, you're having a boy? Hey, no sweat; boys are easy! Of course, I say that and mine hasn't hit teen-rage years yet, so THAT opinion could change very quickly as well.

What's his Organissimo handle name gonna be? And how long until he posts his first article from The Nation? :g:D

Of course, if he ultimately proves resistant to your efforts, we must exile him at once!!!   :rmad:  Either that or shoot him down like a mad Trotskyite dog...

In all seriousness, he will be quite lucky to have you for a father.   :tup

What the good Menace said. However, if he DOES cross over to the dark side and you MUST exile him, we can take real good care of him down h'yar:

Edited by Big Al