Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a message that my account has been suspended :blink: when I tried to log in. Anybody else get this message recently? Or was it something I said? :ph34r:

I just logged on to find out that they finally hit me w/ the $1.00 increase. :(

At least you could log on. I sent an email to customer service, so we'll see what happens. :w

I just got a message that my account has been suspended :blink: when I tried to log in. Anybody else get this message recently? Or was it something I said? :ph34r:

I placed a huge order under your account, for a bunch of box sets. Wanted to get them before the $1.00 bump. I hope you don't mind!! :alien:

I placed a huge order under your account, for a bunch of box sets. Wanted to get them before the $1.00 bump. I hope you don't mind!! :alien:

Then the joke's on YOU, 'cause apparently you ain't gettin' 'em! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Slim pickin's lately.

Brubeck Brothers Quartet - Intuition

Living Stereo series:

Anna Moffo - Verdi: La Traviata

Anna Moffo - Puccini: La Boheme

Morton Gould - Grofé: Grand Canyon Suite

Leontyne Price - Puccini: Madama Butterfly

Leontyne Price - De Falla: El Amor Brujo

Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris - All the Roadrunning

Is it just me, or has the USPS really slowed down on delivery time for media mail rates? When I first joined yourmusic.com over two years ago, I would typically get my CD (using the free shipping option) in four or five business days, counting the day it was shipped on. The CDs are shipped from a location in an adjacent state, which may contribute to the expediency of delivery. However, in the last six months or so, the average time for delivery has slowed down to about 7-10 days. I've noticed this not just on yourmusic.com purchases, but also on other online orders using USPS media mail. My latest purchase, for example, was shipped last Monday (April 23), and as of today's mail delivery still has not arrived.

Yeah, I think the whole system is breaking down.

Fewer new titles, broken jewel cases, slow shipping, increased prices.

My ship date is the 15th but my last couple discs have been shipped on the 23rd or so. I'm still waiting for April's shipment.

Now that the disc are $6.99, I have joined BMG again at 12 for 1 which should be cheaper so I guess I'm back to that scene. I guess all good things must pass. :(

I canceled my subscription yesterday. With the 'major' labels increasingly divesting themselves of jazz issues and reissues, the yourmusic/bmg service really doesn't have much to offer. The limited offerings, coupled with the price increase, it all hardly seems worth the hassle.

...now today 6 titles off my queue my not be available any longer.

Your post spurred me to visit my queue to see where I stand, but none of mine are in danger.

Nothing in my queue particularly excites me, but I'm going to stick around because I frequently give a CD as thanks when a friend does me a favor; so I figure it makes more sense to give someone something from Your Music than to pay twice as much somewhere else, even if once a month I get a CD I don't need.

Sonny Rollins - Sonny, Please :tup

v/a - Billy Strayhorn - Lush Life (Blue Note)

Tierney Sutton - On the Other Side

Brubeck Brothers Quartet - Intuition

Smithereens - Meet the Smithereens

The Little Willies - The Little Willies

...and Kenny G - I'm in the Mood For Love: The Most Romantic Melodies of All Time :bad:

Is it just me, or has the USPS really slowed down on delivery time for media mail rates? When I first joined yourmusic.com over two years ago, I would typically get my CD (using the free shipping option) in four or five business days, counting the day it was shipped on. The CDs are shipped from a location in an adjacent state, which may contribute to the expediency of delivery. However, in the last six months or so, the average time for delivery has slowed down to about 7-10 days. I've noticed this not just on yourmusic.com purchases, but also on other online orders using USPS media mail. My latest purchase, for example, was shipped last Monday (April 23), and as of today's mail delivery still has not arrived.

Did you get yours yet?

I still haven't received my disc from last month! I have cancelled my membership and now I can't log on to access the customer service department.