Eldridge Mosaic

Craig23

The commentary by Dan Morgenstern is easily worth an extra howmanyever bucks...

I'm pretty sure it'd be bad form to ask Mosaic if they'd sell me a box and booklet to go with my eBay discs. So I'm just gonna have to take your word for it...

I don't think they do this anymore for in-print sets... only for OOP.

The commentary by Dan Morgenstern is easily worth an extra howmanyever bucks...

I'm pretty sure it'd be bad form to ask Mosaic if they'd sell me a box and booklet to go with my eBay discs. So I'm just gonna have to take your word for it...

I don't think they do this anymore for in-print sets... only for OOP.

Correct.

Having had the Verve Elite of "Swingin' on the Town" for about a year has made me really excited about picking up this box - love that session! Funds have been tight for a little while, but I'm planning a large Mosaic purchase (3-4 large boxes and 2-3 Selects) for March or April, and the Eldridge box is at the top of the list. I think I'll also be buying:

Tal Farlow

Farmer-Golson Jazztet

Dexter Gordon Select

Andrew Hill Select

...and possibly a few others, like the Sarah Vaughn or Anita O'Day sets. Can't wait!

Those who have little love for jazz - oops, make that: Those who have love for Little Jazz - should tune in to the WKCR Roy Eldridge birthday broadcast - www.wkcr.org - 24 straight hours on the air, nothing but Roy.

This is why we can't afford to lose WKCR ever. Add up all the Roy broadcast by every other radio station in the world this year and you're not going to get 24 hours.

Mike

Edited by Michael Fitzgerald