What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Johnson  Posted Today, 07:22 PM     

Made some paella last night, leftovers tonight; squid, mussels, shrimp, monkfish, a little pork sausage, tomatoes, paella rice and, of course, saffron. Freakin' yum!

With leftovers like that you could make...

...more paella.

Whole red snapper, baked, with white rice and stir-fried napa cabbage with oyster mushrooms. Not great, and not helped by the fact that I'm not very good at getting all the scales off snapper. Think I'll stick to more local fish from now on. I somehow managed to screw up the rice this time too--didn't use enough water and had to throw away about the top third of what was in the rice cooker, as it was rock hard.

The vegetables were pretty good, though. I'm moving in a week and have to finish off all the crap I've got in the freezer.

Leftover crapola week continues with:

One Hebrew National beef frank (with Gulden's brown mustard)

Pakistani orange lentils (with, uh, Embasa brand salsa instead of fresh tomatoes and garlic and chiles)

Couscous...maybe with some coriander stirred in?

Update: interestingly enough, the daal with salsa actually came out tasting pretty good, much to my surprise. I guess I haven't been putting enough tomato in in past versions (though I'm not sure even that would help, given how crappy most American fresh tomatoes are...)

Edited by Big Wheel