What's for Dinner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made sausage & peppers for dinner tonight, sausage on the grill and the peppers & onions on the handy side burner on the grill!

Last week I made chicken & sausage gumbo- it was a lot of work, but it came out very nice and I actually made a decent roux. I may try another N'awlins recipe this weekend.

Last night was teriyaki chicken cutlets on the grill and some steamed stringbeans with a dipping sauce of soy sauce, sesame oil & garlic powder.

Last night was salmon with dill, lemon slices, white wine, onion, and dry spices, all wrapped in aluminum foil and put on the grill. Together with a cucumber salad with dill and some brussels sprouts.

Tonight was chicken cutlets with a bit of olive oil and dry spices on the grill and some steamed string beans with dill butter(I finally ran out of dill!).

I visited some old friends in Vermont over the weekend. They prepared Veal Saltimbocca ("jumps in the mouth"), using veal from a nearby producer who supplies the finest restaurants of Boston and Manhattan. For my part, I rendered a beet risotto with fresh beets prized from their garden. We washed it down with a magnum of Grand Cru Burgundy that my friend happened to have in his Cellar.

Dessert was some simple strawberries and sugar, accompanied by half-bottles of Chateau Rieussec Sauternes and Chateau Climens Barsac.

Not, needless to say, a typical dinner for me.

I visited some old friends in Vermont over the weekend. They prepared Veal Saltimbocca ("jumps in the mouth"), using veal from a nearby producer who supplies the finest restaurants of Boston and Manhattan. For my part, I rendered a beet risotto with fresh beets prized from their garden. We washed it down with a magnum of Grand Cru Burgundy that my friend happened to have in his Cellar.

Dessert was some simple strawberries and sugar, accompanied by half-bottles of Chateau Rieussec Sauternes and Chateau Climens Barsac.

Not, needless to say, a typical dinner for me.

Sounds better than leftover chicken.