Nat Cole Mosaic Box

AllenLowe

Sorry - I don't actually have the box, but somewhere I have a Mosaic catalog that mentions it - or maybe it's a copy of a jazz magazine that mentions the Mosaic catalog - or maybe it's a copy of a jazz advertisment that mentions a magazine that once reviewed a Nat Cole record that might be in the box - well, whatever, send me $500 and I'll send something back that maybe has to do with someone who once listened to a Nat Cole record - or who at least KNOWS someone who has listened to a Nat Cole record - or maybe it's Natalie Cole - whatever -

Edited by AllenLowe

Considering this box - 18 CDs! - sold for nearly $300 when brand new - and that a collection of this extent will likely never be seen again - I really don't understand these sour grapes regarding its price... :rolleyes:

Further, the guy on AAJ who paid $900 for this - with a "buy it now" no less - has only himself to blame for paying too much. I believe there are several sets on Ebay right now at the $3-400 mark.

Allen, I have an old Paul Samuelson Economics text book I'd be willing to sell for the right price. There's lots of "supply and demand" stuff in there (including a few alternate takes). It's worn and heavily highlighted, so naturally I'd have to charge a premium for all that patina. I'm thinking I'll start the bidding at $900.

I'd gladly pay you a dollar tomorrow for a hamburger today.

Why pay tomorrow when you can pay TUESDAY, as in, "I'd gladly pay you TUESDAY for a hamburger TODAY." :g

wimpy.gif

(I guess Alan was listening to too much jazz as a kid when he should've been watching old Popeye cartoons.)