Complete Bill Evans on Verve

I was wondering - and I'm being curious, not cocky, but did you not know about the nature of the packaging before your purchase?

I believe many of us spoke of that beforehand.

Yes, I'd heard about the box...but some folks said they'd received them w/o rust and I didn't really expect them to ship out sealed sets that were already covered w/the stuff. Didn't really notice much about the cd holder...perhaps some casual references to it? Quite frankly, that's something that you actually have to see to believe.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering - and I'm being curious, not cocky, but did you not know about the nature of the packaging before your purchase?

I believe many of us spoke of that beforehand.

Yes, I'd heard about the box...but some folks said they'd received them w/o rust and I didn't really expect them to ship out sealed sets that were already covered w/the stuff. Didn't really notice much about the cd holder...perhaps some casual references to it? Quite frankly, that's something that you actually have to see to believe.

Yeah, parts of it kinda makes an expensive coaster (for expensive drinks?)

;)

jerkit.gif

Forget that thing.  Life's too short to keep some rusting ammo box from the HMS Prince of Wales on these shelves.  That booklet looks like some 60's-era 'Guide to NATO Ground Forces Equipment Identification' booklet that was issued to Warsaw Pact troops.

Good point. :lol:

(do you think they could the booklet any smaller?)

Edited by Tjazz

My guess is that, for having to endure a steady stream of flack, the 'good folks' at Universal will dig real deep in the warehouse pile and pluck out the real pretty ones to send our way.

Evans Box

:lol:

Funny,

I got a USED set with the plastic holder (that holds the booklet) broken.

Upon returning it, they said they will REFUND my money. Guess they showed me.

;)

Did you see the price Weizen got. Damn! $207. Not bad. Guess I owe him an apology cause I'm going to do the same thing myself. Hope he doesn't mind if I steal his description.

This description? :lol:

Forget that thing. Life's too short to keep some rusting ammo box from the HMS Prince of Wales on these shelves. That booklet looks like some 60's-era 'Guide to NATO Ground Forces Equipment Identification' booklet that was issued to Warsaw Pact troops.

I'm in a quandary here. I don't dig Bill Evans enough to justify even the most reasonably priced version of this box, but there's enough material on there that I'm curious to hear that a "reasonable" offer could get me to open my wallet (and the Verve offer was close, but not close enough). Plus, I want the set just for the packaging, something to show my grandkids as an example of how they shouldn't make fun of stupid people because some of them will probably go on the get a gig at a major record label.

. Plus, I want the set just for the packaging, something to show my grandkids as an example of how they shouldn't make fun of stupid people because some of them will probably go on the get a gig at a major record label.

.... and don't forget to add... "win awards for best design of the year!"

I'm in a quandary here. I don't dig Bill Evans enough to justify even the most reasonably priced version of this box, but there's enough material on there that I'm curious to hear that a "reasonable" offer could get me to open my wallet (and the Verve offer was close, but not close enough). Plus, I want the set just for the packaging, something to show my grandkids as an example of how they shouldn't make fun of stupid people because some of them will probably go on the get a gig at a major record label.

What's a reasonable offer? I'm willing to be reasonable. Something more than $99 but obviously less than $207.

I examined this great package today and it's bad enough that it's rusty but two of the cds had scratches and two had gouges. So I said, that's it. I left a message for customer service, not really expecting any satisfaction. While I was out, I got a message saying the rust was unacceptable as well as the scratches and that they would give a full refund or a replacement and would investigate the rust. How about that!

I was thinking of selling my copy of the Evans box, either here on the board, or maybe on eBay (it's near mint, except for a couple minor scuffs on a couple of the discs, and the usual rust).

BUT, it looks like maybe I may be able to trade it to a local friend of mine, for $150 credit at his vintage furniture store (towards a couple vintage chairs I've really got my eyes on).

I was hoping to get about $175 for it on eBay, and figured it'd cost me about $25 in postage and eBay fees, so I'd be lucky to net around $150.

If the deal with the furniture-store guy falls through, anybody interested in my Evans box for $150 plus actual postage costs?? (Don't know what postage would be, but I'm guessing around $15, maybe $20 at most.)

PM me if you're interested (although I'm gonna go with the local guy at the funature store, if it turns out he's interested). Thanks!!

Edited by Rooster_Ties