Snow

tonym

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to work tomorrow. CRAP! We got a holiday for MLK day...the trade off was having to work tomorrow.

Looks like it could get a little sloppy here tonight as well:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EST MONDAY...WV-HARDY COUNTY

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN BY LATE AFTERNOON...AND MIX WITH SLEET

THIS EVENING. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO RAIN WITH

POCKETS OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET OVERNIGHT. A TOTAL OF 1 OR 2

INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE THIS EVENING...WHILE UP TO A TENTH OF

AN INCH OF ICE MAY ACCUMULATE ACROSS THE COLDEST VALLEYS OVERNIGHT.

FUN!!!! NOT!!!!

I only like snow when I don't have to drive in it.

Music for a snowy day...

B000000AJT.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've listened to this piece (different recording, on Naxos) 3-4 times this week. Highly recommended! :tup:tup:tup

I don't know that recording either - it was the only one I could find a decent image for on google!

I have an old Boult recording (which I've just listened to myself).

I especially like the bit with the penguins!

Edited by Bev Stapleton

I went back and forth about it all morning, as it didn't look too awfully bad out there, but I think I made the right decision. It's continued to get worse all day, and I would have been driving right into the worst of it. Probably would have been a six hour trip! :wacko:

Wow ! Looks like England is two countries at the moment. Here in the South it is cold (damned Scandinavian winds blowing in from the East :rmad: ) but no snow as yet. There may be a scattering here overnight though. Yesterday I headed down through Dorset to Bournmouth and en-route there were great displays of snowdrops in the woods of Cranborne Chase.

The daffodills are also poking their way through the soil in my front garden !

Wow ! Looks like England is two countries at the moment. Here in the South it is cold (damned Scandinavian winds blowing in from the East :rmad: ) but no snow as yet. There may be a scattering here overnight though. Yesterday I headed down through Dorset to Bournmouth and en-route there were great displays of snowdrops in the woods of Cranborne Chase.

The daffodills are also poking their way through the soil in my front garden !

Yeah, the daffs are on their way. We have sme lovely snowdrops at the mo, and all of the ducks are starting to pair up for the inevitable. Thos drakes go to great lengths to 'court' the females ^_^ . In a few weeks time, it'll look like a scene from Caligula out there.

arts_feature-1.jpg

Prokofiev!

Well, I spoke too soon. It's been trying to snow here all day. Lots of air action but instant fizzle-out on hitting the floor. Must be Southern snow.

Not that I'm complaining. The last place you want to be in a proper snowfall is in a building full of 2400 11-18 year olds!!!!

11137_Snowballing_l.gif

Edited by Bev Stapleton