Is Mosaic's Service Slipping?

6 weeks ago a friend of mine (a long-time Mosaic customer with at least 50 Mosaic sets) ordered the Farmer/Golson set and the Dexter Gordon Select. They arrived in a couple of weeks, but the Gordon set was missing disc 2. He called Mosaic immediately, and was told a replacement disc would be sent. A month later no disc. He called yesterday and was told it could take another 2-4 weeks. He's a pretty laid-back guy, but he's getting a little steamed over this delay. Uh Mosaic, take a Gordon set off your shelf, open it up and send the guy disc 2, OK?

I sent an e-mail to Mosaic about a month ago asking whether 2 specific sets would be going into the running category anytime soon, so that I can plan my next purchase. No reply. OK, maybe these are no big deal, and I still love Mosaic, but to me these lapses seem strange for a company which prides itself on customer service.

Anyone else have problems lately?

the few times i've had a problem with a mosaic box,or wanted info, i call them on the phone. that way they hear your problem, or questions, firsthand. i believe it is hit or miss (imo) sending them an e-mail. in your case it looks like a miss. how the hell could it take over six weeks to get a replacement disc? unless they ran out of stock, and are waiting for a new shipment.

there was some confusion with several orders I recently placed but a call and a email seemed to immediately fix the problem... As someone who doesn't have quite 50 sets (but getting close to half that number).... I've always found their customer service/help excellent...

Seems to be fine as always from my perspective....

:tup

I've had a couple of service glitches with them recently, but a follow-up email from me has always gotten a satisfactory--if not rapid--response. By contrast, a few months ago I sent them a series of service-related emails and recevied responses within hours--or even minutes--of sending! :excited:

Was missing a booklet from the Brookmeyer Select.

Called 'em up and they sent it on to me.

Though it took a little longer than I expected (a couple weeks)

it was packaged as if they were sending a precious item.

A few people doing a lot of (good) work.

all hail!

Guest DizzySpells

I've had some problems, but I don't really care. Their products are uniformly excellent and that is the most important aspect for me. The liner notes, the sound, the effort ... always heads above the rest of the pack. I don't buy from them directly anymore (mainly due to problems getting the stuff to Europe without having to shell out tons of dough for taxes ... not their fault), but whenever I can snatch up one of their products elsewhere, I do. They are more than worth the extra $ I usually have to invest.

My most recent experience (4-5 weeks back) was a very pleasant one (once more): finally listened to the Capitol set in its entirety (well, skipping the Williams & Carter which I've known for some time), I found out that one disc had a damage (looked like a pressing damage), I dropped a mail and a week later had the replacement! :tup from me, as always. My last mails got replied, too, pretty fast. (I own some 35 sets, but I don't think I even mentioned that when writing to them, so I don't think they're service gets better or worse depending on how good a customer you are - unless they're keeping meticulous records and check there, first...)

ubu