What Are You Watching

Mike, what did you think of the latest episode of Breaking Bad? I managed to miss the damn thing.

Thanks for reminding me! I missed it as well. Lately, by the time it rolls around on Sundays I've been too tired to watch it so I've been letting it slip by knowing I can catch it on "On Demand". I need to play some catch-up and watch the latest episodes of "Breaking Bad" as well as "Fringe" which I missed. I'll report when I get a chance to watch it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, what did you think of the latest episode of Breaking Bad? I managed to miss the damn thing.

Breaking Bad was another good episode. We get some answers and see the beginning of what is sure to be a problem.

Hank is going to need extensive physical therapy and other medical care of which only a portion is covered by their insurance and could end up costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Skyler suspects that Walt’s “activities” are to blame for the situation Hank is now in and concocts a story for her sister that Walt’s past absences and their troubles have stemmed from Walt being into illegal gambling and that he has profited from it to the tune of seven figures. Skyler assures her sister that they will help take care of the medical bills.

Jesse is in a drug counseling group whose participants look as if they are there only to avoid prison or whatever. He’s increasingly frustrated with the situation working with/for Walt and Gus and thinks they are getting ripped off being paid only 3 million when Gus stands to profit so much more for their efforts. Saul proposes Jesse buy a legitimate business to launder their drug money and to keep the IRS at bay and not wondering where he’s getting all this money and paying no taxes. Jesse thinks paying taxes and a percentage to Saul is B.S. and he’s not having it. He proposes getting back into the business with his slacker/drug buddies. Jesse noticed that when he and Walt were weighing out the meth that their batches were going over the expected yields by 1-2 lbs. It looks like he wants to start skimming that excess and selling it on his own with his buddies. (Trouble!)

Walt meets with Gus to clear the air and lay all the cards on the table. It’s here that we learned that is was Gus that had called Hank to warn him of the brothers coming to kill him. He wanted a shootout so there would be a big reaction from the U.S. and Mexican governments so that there would be a big crackdown on the Mexican meth ops shutting down traffic south of the border thus giving Gus total control north of the border. It’s here that we also learn that after the three months is over that Walt can continue cooking on an open-end basis. I'm looking forward to seeing where these latest developments take us.

Edited by mikelz777

Walt meets with Gus to clear the air and lay all the cards on the table. It’s here that we learned that is was Gus that had called Hank to warn him of the brothers coming to kill him. He wanted a shootout so there would be a big reaction from the U.S. and Mexican governments so that there would be a big crackdown on the Mexican meth ops shutting down traffic south of the border thus giving Gus total control north of the border.

Ah! Just what I thought!

Vasquez-Marquez IV

Wow...they're both still alive?

I've been watching a few of "The NFLs Greatest Games" on Hulu. They have the game that made me a football fanatic (the 'ice bowl' in '67) and the game that drove a stake in my heart for football (the playoff between the Falcons and Cowboys in '81). Good memories and bad...

5185e35En5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just started series 3. How many more skeletons can Don Draper have in his cupboard? And will they all fall out at once?

Keep on watching he won't disappoint.

I'm all caught up on Treme and started in on The Pacific last Saturday night. HBO continues to be a great source of hits.

Hardcore baby, a great, thrilling end that did not disappoint. :tup

Absolutely. Couldn't have been better. I guess now all we have to look forward to now is the feature film. Who knows if that will work or not. What I do know is that the series has set the bar awfully high. Between this and the conclusion of Lost, you feel like you're losing two old friends. I suppose having survived without The Sopranos and Six Feet Under, I'll figure out a way to muddle through.

Oh I will.

Interesting to see the Buddhist burning in Saigon in last night's episode. Expecting JFK to be shot any moment; and then Vietnam to enter stage left.

They constantly reference genuine companies (or once companies) - Lucky Strike, Playtex etc - as opposed to the usual trick of making them up. Wonder how much that cost them.

Oh I will.

Interesting to see the Buddhist burning in Saigon in last night's episode. Expecting JFK to be shot any moment; and then Vietnam to enter stage left.

They constantly reference genuine companies (or once companies) - Lucky Strike, Playtex etc - as opposed to the usual trick of making them up. Wonder how much that cost them.

They probably don't have it on the DVD but when the the show is airing on AMC during the commercial breaks it is not uncommon for them to run vintage ad or two.

Off Hulu: A bunch of episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show, The one where Big Max Calvata's nephew wants to get into show business -- hilarious!

Now Rob and Jerry are buying a boat together, the Betty Lou, geesh, this is a great show...

Edited by Matthew

I've long thought of the The Dick Van Dyke show as one of the best sitcoms of all time. People love to harsh my buzz by saying, "I never liked the kid," or some such. Yeah. Well, no show is perfect I guess... But dang if it wasn't pretty damn awesome.