What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit 1-8-7 is the best of the newbies imo.

I'd agree with you given what I've seen so far. Hawaii 5-O was entertaining and worth watching.I saw The Office last night and was disappointed. I found it to be pretty forced, contrived and out of sync with its usual vibe. I enjoy the show so I hope it doesn't go off the rails. I have serious doubts that it will be worth watching without Steve Carell.

Clearing out the DVR today. Hawaii Five O. . . not going to be following that one closely, pretty lame and empty. The Defenders, had it's moments, pretty trite. The Event. . . has potential, will probably follow it for a while.

Getting ready for Rubicon and Mad Men.

Big Bang Theory season 3 just came out on DVD, so I rented that (yeah, I probably could watch during the season, but no time really). I guess it's just me, but I thought the actress playing Penny looked different. I even wondered if they had replaced her, but I guess not. The extras were great, especially the behind the scenes look at the set, even the wardrobe area. The Howard character has a room all to himself with his 70s inspired duds, including a section for novelty belt buckles. What detail!

Clearing out the DVR today. Hawaii Five O. . . not going to be following that one closely, pretty lame and empty.

Agree with you on the new "Five-O." My wife was curious about it and we somehow ended up watching the whole pilot. Lame and air-headed to the point of hilarity. The one good thing was they kept the original theme.

I love Scrubs too. The first 4 seasons, that is. I purchased the first 4 seasons on DVD but I couldn't bring myself to purchase the 5th. Some of the 5th season was OK but that was the season the show quickly went off the rails for me. I don't know if they ran out of ideas, lost key writers or maybe it was just the characters starting to come into their own, becoming doctors, getting married, having babies, etc. The show became painfully unfunny and unwatchable. The 5th season is where they jumped the shark and they should have let it pass away peacefully rather than put it on life support for 4 more years. I'll enjoy the first 4 seasons and pretend that the rest didn't happen. ^_^

I avoid Scrubs whenever possible. :) Luckily no one that annoying is in my real life.

I love The Good Wife. The new season is off to a great start.

Matthew, the Opeth is AWESOME. Great performances, great sound, great video. Great release!

Edited by jazzbo

Usual candidates- Rubicon, Mad Men and Terriers, which is great and for me easily the best of the newbies.

BBC Secret Iraq part 2. ITV DCI Banks- Aftermath.

The Good Wife is excellent, I wonder why it's little mentioned here. Archie Panjabi, as the assistant, is extremely centered and charismatic, I think she's great.

Archie-Panjabi2.jpg

Edited by kinuta

Usual candidates- Rubicon, Mad Men and Terriers, which is great and for me easily the best of the newbies.

BBC Secret Iraq part 2. ITV DCI Banks- Aftermath.

The Good Wife is excellent, I wonder why it's little mentioned here. Archie Panjabi, as the assistant, is extremely centered and charismatic, I think she's great.

Archie-Panjabi2.jpg

She's more of an investigator than an "assistant." Yes, she's great. I first saw her in "A Mighty Heart."

Archie+Panjabi+-+A+Mighty+Heart+-+Irfan.png

Edited by jazzbo