What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$(KGrHqR,!qwFG66qp0G,BR24-oN6Ug~~60_1.JP

As always I catch on to these things centuries after they first go out. Really enjoyed episode 1 + 2 from my rent-a-DVD postal service.

My favorite dramatic show of the past couple years. Season 2 is excellent as well.

Glad to hear that. Like The West Wing the dialogue is so fast paced that if you drop your concentration for a sentence or two it takes two minutes to work out what's happening. Maybe I've been listening to too much opera where everything gets repeated twelve times!

I was mesmerised by Emily Mortimer - she'd drive me nuts in real life, those hands flying everywhere and lurching from despair to nirvana in a millisecond. But whenever she comes on screen she grabs my attention - I read she's John Mortimer (Rumpole of the Bailey)'s daughter.

As always I catch on to these things centuries after they first go out. Really enjoyed episode 1 + 2 from my rent-a-DVD postal service.

My favorite dramatic show of the past couple years. Season 2 is excellent as well.

Glad to hear that. Like The West Wing the dialogue is so fast paced that if you drop your concentration for a sentence or two it takes two minutes to work out what's happening. Maybe I've been listening to too much opera where everything gets repeated twelve times!

I was mesmerised by Emily Mortimer - she'd drive me nuts in real life, those hands flying everywhere and lurching from despair to nirvana in a millisecond. But whenever she comes on screen she grabs my attention - I read she's John Mortimer (Rumpole of the Bailey)'s daughter.

I love Emily Mortimer, she's been good in every film I've seen her in. Olivia Munn (Sloan Sabbith) is brilliant in the show as well, especially in the second season.

Finished the series last night - really enjoyed it. There are some very large thumbprints with The West Wing - the unresolved relationships that stretch over episode after episode, the cloying sentimentality about America etc.

But I loved the characters and was kept intrigued throughout (only the 'We Got Bin Laden' episode left me unsettled - probably plays better inside the US than elsewhere).

Series 2 is not out here yet but I'll be renting it as soon as it comes out.

Downton Abbey - season 2.

Okay, this show is so addictive it's like British crack. Amazing considering how shopworn most of the plot elements are (the flower show episode from season 1 stolen directly from Mrs. Miniver had me wincing a little), it's really the characterizations that make this show worthwhile and they are damn good across the board. I had never seen Michelle Dockery prior to this series but I became an instant fan.

Nice programme on Muscle Shoals on BBC 4 last night . Worth chasing on the iPlayer.

Thanks for the prompt. It's the only way I get to watch it in High Def in any case !

High Def? Is that something that has to be routed via Japan?

For some strange reason my region is only due to get HD roll-out for BBC4 on Freeview later this year, yet I can get HD on the I-Player !