What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now watching Hannibal Season 2.

I wish I hated this show because it's the creepiest thing I've ever seena nd is so disturbing. But it's one of the best produced, filmed, and written shows I've ever seen.

I'm glad you changed your mind about Hannibal. Mads Mikkelsen is a far superior Hannibal. I agree about this being one of the best shows ever.

Yes, I was not in the right frame of mind when I saw this first and put watching it aside. The orchestrated death scenes horrifed me, and I didn't quite get the ebb and flow of the protaganists' and their interactions. I needed lighter fare then, I was struggling with my own daemons.

It's amazing. I'm creeping my way through Season 2.

Edited by jazzbo

The funny thing is, I've been told by a longtime fan of the books and first three films (Manhunter, Silence & Hannibal) the excessive gore was off-putting. :P Of course, this not being a literal adaptation and not having the author's participation (like e.g. Game of Thrones) is another major stumbling block for such geeks.

7418546.3.jpg

A series I've only ever seen 10 minutes here, ten minutes there in other people's houses. Always intrigued me so hired the first series.

Slow to get going but marvellous characters and a thrilling episode 5.

Another 3 series to take me through the winter.

Didn't realise this was Sally Wainwright too. Does she write everything good on TV?

Edited by A Lark Ascending

7418546.3.jpg

A series I've only ever seen 10 minutes here, ten minutes there in other people's houses. Always intrigued me so hired the first series.

Slow to get going but marvellous characters and a thrilling episode 5.

Another 3 series to take me through the winter.

Didn't realise this was Sally Wainwright too. Does she write everything good on TV?

I've watched it since it started.

As you say, the characterization is very well done, especially the three women who compliment each other so well.

A minor point but I find the lack of glamour refreshing after so many tv cop shows with chisel jawed blokes and fashion model babe leads straight from Hollywood central casting.

Re: Scott and Bailey

I've watched it since it started.

As you say, the characterization is very well done, especially the three women who compliment each other so well.

A minor point but I find the lack of glamour refreshing after so many tv cop shows with chisel jawed blokes and fashion model babe leads straight from Hollywood central casting.

Agree entirely - except that I find Bailey quite glamorous!