What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting documentary on Sir George Solti last night. I'm not one for maestro-worship but he was a pretty big figure in my early days of collecting and had an interesting life.

Got a new DVD/Blu-Ray player that also links into the BBC iPlayer and other things. Much more convenient than having to sit at the computer watching the iPlayer. Should be good for the wireless too.

Otherwise, now reaching the end of series 5 of Frasier. Was Malvolioism ever more wonderfully punctured! I'm still waiting for Nils to go off on one about a certain pianist....

Edited by A Lark Ascending

The TV show "Community." Now on the third season.

One of the only comedy shows I've truly loved in years, a shame that season 4 is sitting collecting dust on the shelves until February.

And season 4 (a mere 13 episodes) is probably not going to be good because the showrunner, Dan Harmon, was fired. Networks just don't know what to do with quality.

The final episode of Secret State which was underwhelming to say the least. I'll give it a 'why bother' rating.

The final episode of Hunted, the single worst tv series I've seen recently.

The final episode of Treme which was good, the programme is a kind of mood poem on New Orleans, the individual story threads are not so involving but the total effect is.

The penultimate episode of Boardwalk Empire which was brilliant, can't wait for the finale with Nocky and Al paired up against the evil(er) doers.

I know some people can't keep from comparing it to the BBC version...but the new TV show from this season I'm enjoying the most is ELEMENTARY. I think Johnny Lee Miller is fantastic as Sherlock and they are nicely developing his friendship with Watson. Great fun.