Baseball 2005

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(snip)

I know Steinbrenner is already band aiding the season by blaming bad luck in the pitching department, .....

(snip)

He doesn't seem to be doing any such thing. He blames Torre for a bad decision to leave the left handed Embree in the other night to face Konerko who then hits a game winning HR, ignoring the fact that Konerko was doing very poorly against LH pitching up until that point. With what's happened to Yankee starting pitching this year, I'm surprised that they even have a winning record, vaunted lineup notwithstanding. Pitching is more than 50% of the game, always has been. I don't understand how George with all his years in this game can blame Torre for the Yanks' record and likelihood that they won't make the playoffs.

Signed,

Bitter and marginally disenfranchised Yankee fan.

Up over and out.

The Rangers vs. the Yankees

aka

The Battle of the Overblown Payrolls

aka

The Battle to See Whose Starting Pitching Will Falter First

Signed,

Bitter, Disenfranchised, and You'd Think I'd Learned After All These Years Rangers Fan

Anyone have any theories as to who the latest MLB players are to get caught with steroids in their system?  Rumor is there's a bigger name than Rafael Palmeiro. :blink:

Well, Sammy used to be bigger than Rafael, but Rafael is the better player right now....

Ok, how about the 43 year old pitcher with a 1.38 E.R.A.? I really hope not, I know he works harder than anyone else in the game, but Bonds works out like a fiend as well..... :w

Hey Paul: from today's Boston Globe:

Asked if the Sox have as good a lineup as there is, the White Sox manager said, ''There's no doubt about it. Especially in this ballpark."

All he had to look to for validation of that was his staff ace. In two games this season vs. Boston, Buehrle has this unbecoming line: 0-1 (with one no-decision), 13 innings, 22 hits, 11 runs, 9 earned runs, 5 walks, 3 strikeouts.

You better hope Buerhle doesn't pitch too many times against the Sox in October, or your date with disaster against St Louis might get cancelled in favor of a World Series rematch.

Anyone have any theories as to who the latest MLB players are to get caught with steroids in their system?  Rumor is there's a bigger name than Rafael Palmeiro. :blink:

Well, Sammy used to be bigger than Rafael, but Rafael is the better player right now....

Ok, how about the 43 year old pitcher with a 1.38 E.R.A.? I really hope not, I know he works harder than anyone else in the game, but Bonds works out like a fiend as well..... :w

My guess would be Sosa.

Well Paul, last time, heading into the last game of the series, you were hoping to pull out a split.

Now, after your other ace pitcher got knocked around, you're trying to avoid a sweep.

See ya in October.

Oh, and one other thing: I've watched plenty of "homer" announcers, but I have never heard a more worthless announce team than "Hawk" and the other guy. Truly nauseating.

Aw, I dunno. I haven’t watched a Sox broadcast in years, but I always enjoyed Hawk & Wimpy. They had a great rapport with each other, and I always liked it when someone from the opposing team would strike out, Hawk would say “Grab some bench!”

As for the SOX duel this weekend, I’ll admit I was surprised. Too bad yesterday was rained out.

Anywho, four game sweep at the hands of the Yanks. Big surprise. This is THE worst pitching staff in the Rangers’ 34 year history, and that’s saying a LOT!

Aw, I dunno. I haven’t watched a Sox broadcast in years, but I always enjoyed Hawk & Wimpy. They had a great rapport with each other, and I always liked it when someone from the opposing team would strike out, Hawk would say “Grab some bench!”

As for the SOX duel this weekend, I’ll admit I was surprised. Too bad yesterday was rained out.

Anywho, four game sweep at the hands of the Yanks. Big surprise. This is THE worst pitching staff in the Rangers’ 34 year history, and that’s saying a LOT!

Did the Hawk push Tom Paciorek (Boy was it hard to figure out how to spell that name!) out of broadcasting booth? He does Turner South games now I think...

St. Louis is clearly the class of the National League and to a lesser extent, Atlanta. The really fun place is the junior circuit. As Jayson Stark said this morning on ESPN, all the teams in the A.L. playoff hunt are so fundamentally flawed that it should make for the most interesting race in recent memory. Even the White Sox, who made so much Cardinal-like noise in the first half, are only 3 games over .500 since the All-Star break. The A's have supplanted the Angels in the West, but now, they're starting to lose. The Red Sox have major pitching woes and my Yankees are so messed up, where would I begin?

Bring on the dog days. This should be fun.

On an unrelated note, I see Barry Bonds is saying he may be back with the Giants in September. Can someone do us all a favor and wish him to the cornfield?

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

Come on, John: I know your boys can take third EASY! That way, my boys will be in last where they truly belong. :wacko:

Well, let's see. The Rangers are 12.5 games out and the M's are 17.5 games out. Considering that the Rangers were in the hunt just 6 weeks ago, they are REALLY sliding fast and the M's finally brought up 19 year old pitching phenom Felix Hernandez who struke out 11 and lowered his era to 0.86 on Monday...I think you may be on to something.

But lets not kid ourselves. The M's are REALLY bad. As bad as you think the rangers are, the M's are still 5 games below them. The teams may be going in different directions right now, but it's been a rough summer here in Seattle.