Baseball 2005

And one more thing: One doesn't "learn from our mistakes" in baseball. You sound like that fucking dumb-ass would-be football coach, Steinbrenner. Will you learn from your mistakes and catch the foul pop? No .. thems the breaks of the game. Will you learn from your mistakes and not put pitches in Manny's or Ortiz' wheelhouse? Pitchers have tried to do that for years. They just aren't that successful at it for too long.

But it has nothing to do with "learning from our mistakes".

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction:

White Sox collapse, barely winning division over surging Twins.

Red Sox take the East with Schilling in the rotation and a trade or two at the deadline that takes them over the top.

The White Sox just look like a bunch of losers playing over their head.

My prediction:

Red Sox take the East with Schilling in the rotation and a trade or two at the deadline that takes them over the top.

Nah, I say this is the year for the White Sox. Of course, I'm not willing to bet a Mosaic on it or anything (maybe an RVG)!

My prediction:

My prediction: embittered Mariners fans start whining about teams that are winning.

Big Al is right. This is our year. Losers? Sheesh, you hatin' types are starting to grasp at straws.

My prediction:

My prediction: embittered Mariners fans start whining about teams that are winning.

Big Al is right. This is our year. Losers? Sheesh, you hatin' types are starting to grasp at straws.

:g Cut me some slack Paul, I got nothin' else but to bitch...the M's are making me wanna wretch.

No doubt the White Sox are 100X better than the M's, but face facts - the Central is a weak division which means you play weaker teams more than having to constantly play the Yankees & Orioles. No one thought the White Sox would be this good going into the season (and quite frankly I'm still not sure why they are) so I think they are in for a fall since their schedule is going to getting a lot tougher in the coming weeks.

Furthermore, I know from personal experience that Freddie Garcia is a head case that breaks under pressure.

Edited by Johnny E

I totally understand that we play in the single weakest division in baseball. But, to get a little whimsical on ya for a second, think about it this way:

This has been the year of teams, not superstars. And the Sox really are playing as a team. Hell, no one's even ragging on Thomas these days, which is totally unprecedented.

So, yeah, this half, now we're in trouble. We took two from Boston, have done well against the Yankees when we saw them, and now we get to see how good this team really is against the AL East.

No matter what, the Sox at this point are practically guaranteed a playoff spot. With a little luck and a lot of heart, these guys might just make the world series. Do I think they'll win against St. Louis, if it gets that far? Not at all. But a world series where I could feasibly make all 7 games, played between two teams that hate the cubs equally would be a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful thing indeed.

That was one scary moment. I guess he's going to be OK, but wow. I'm sure most of you guys aren't old enough to remember Herb Score, a young Indians' fireballer with nothing but upside. After the Yank's Gil McDougald hit him in the head with a line drive in '56, he was never the same. Hope that's not the case with Clement.

Up over and out.

Hideo Nomo?  You've got to be kidding me.  If this doesn't give new meaning to the term desperation, I'm not sure what does.

Up over and out.

What's really desperate is getting him on a waiver claim and relieving Tampa Bay of whatever contractual obligation there was.

Hideo Nomo?  You've got to be kidding me.  If this doesn't give new meaning to the term desperation, I'm not sure what does.

Up over and out.

What's really desperate is getting him on a waiver claim and relieving Tampa Bay of whatever contractual obligation there was.

Hey,

It's not so bad. Hideki now has someone he can talk to, however short term that situation will be. :)

dan

did you see the new red sox dvd set from last year's playoffs?

it's like 11/12 discs

:tup

I got an email from Amazon about it. Already sent it on to the wife with a hint that this would make an excellent birthday or anniversary present (both are coming up in September) so if we don't make the playoffs, heaven forbid, I'll just sit and watch the greatest 8 game winning streak in history, start to finish, over and over and over and over ...

:g

That pickin' up Nomo has gotta to be the dregs.  What's his ERA? 6.5.  Sheesh.

:bad:

And he can't even help in the immediate future, like Saturday, when they have no starter yet, cuz he hasn't even pitched since July 15 and needs some work in the minors before going to the Bronx.

And now the Yanks pick up Chacon from the Rockies. He will start this weekend and the Yanks will have used a major league leading 12 pitchers this year. Truly pathetic, yet still in the AL East race.

Red Sox should be running away with the division by now but they have their own problems, e.g., a superstar who won't give up his promised day off after a starting player goes down. $20 mil a year and he refuses to give up his day off in a tight pennant race. Ramirez may have a ton of talent but what kind of example setting is that? And he had the balls to make fun of Derek Jeter with that "he's out on the golf course" reference at the World Series victory parade. Which player would you rather have?

re: Rameriz

The Tribe thad some of the same head problems with the guy and they cut him loose after he started to make a stink. Cleveland's a working class town that won't put up w/ that shit out of principal. Hopefully Epstein won't have to try and grow a van-dyke to hide some ass-kissin' stains. Granted the guy was go to last October and should be everyday.

Just gotta remember the words of Chico Escuela : "beeseball been berry berry goo to me!"

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my annual baseball trip. Heading to Cooperstown for the hall of fame induction ceremonies on Sunday then on to DC to site see and take in a Nationals game on Tuesday night. Then on to Boston to see the Red Sox on Wed/Thur and finally Philly to catch them on Friday night. Lots of driving, lots of eating/drinking and lots of baseball!!!! :)

m-

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my annual baseball trip.  Heading to Cooperstown for the hall of fame induction ceremonies on Sunday then on to DC to site see and take in a Nationals game on Tuesday night.  Then on to Boston to see the Red Sox on Wed/Thur and finally Philly to catch them on Friday night.  Lots of driving, lots of eating/drinking and lots of baseball!!!! :)

m-

Lucky dog. <_<