2005 NBA Championship

Who's Gonna Win The Championship  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the eve of game 2, the online betting markets say:

NBA.DET@SAS.SAS (Spurs win tonight's game) 70.0-71.5

FINAL.4GAMES.PISTONS xxxxxxxx

FINAL.5GAMES.PISTONS 4.6-4.9

FINAL.6GAMES.PISTONS 7.7-8.0

FINAL.7GAMES.PISTONS 9.4-10.5

FINAL.4GAMES.SPURS 12.4-12.5

FINAL.5GAMES.SPURS 17.7-18.3

FINAL.6GAMES.SPURS 28.0-28.7

FINAL.7GAMES.SPURS 20.4-22.4

2005 NBA Championship Winner

NBA.SPURS 77.3-78.7

NBA.PISTONS 21.6-23.0

Basically since game 1, Detroit's chances of winning have fallen from just under 30% to just over 22%. The median prediction is now San Antonio in 6.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Pistons are dead. It shows on their faces. Don't know why Larry Brown is getting so upset with his team, he's the one who ripped their hearts out. No disrespect to San Antonio because it looks like they would win anyway. They are just plain the team to beat this year. They got the whole package.

A star is born..... Ginobli!

Bruce

Edited by BruceW

Don't know why Larry Brown is getting so upset with his team, he's the one who ripped their hearts out.

Taking lessons from Bill Walton? :wacko:

;) Bruce, I think you'd do well to not be so distracted by sports columnists and other parasites, and just try to enjoy the games. The real drama is usually on the court.

A star is born.....  Ginobli!

That's one reason why I love the playoffs. I get to spend more time seeing, in action, more teams and players from around the NBA who I didn't get to see as often during the regular season. Manu Ginobili is one of the players who I've really enjoyed watching during the playoffs.

Is there a way to bring the San Antonio Spurs into the Eastern Conference? ;) They sure seem to play "the right way".

Go Pistons! :bwallace2: :bwallace: :bwallace2: :bwallace: ... for at least a few more games ... :)

the pistons are gettin' schooled by the sorry spurs

The Spurs are far from "sorry."

That triad of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker are impossible to stop.

They're a great team; and it looks like they will become the new NBA champions.

If only the Pistons didn't waste that draft pick on Danko... :beee:

Spurs aren't flashy (neither are the Pistons though), but damn they play team ball well. On both ends of the court.

You can call it boring, but to watch it is really a thing of beauty I think. No single superstar with a supporting cast, or maybe two plus a bunch of others (Lebron, Shaq n Flash). Duncan may be the best big man in hoops today, but he sure acts like he's just one of the guys. The Spurs do everything right, IMO, and deserve recognition for being a true team, in this day of hog-the-spotlight, ego-driven stars. I also think the Pistons play this brand of basketball, and my hat's off to them as well.

Not sure what will happen for the next three games in Detroit, but I'd like to see S.A. get one of the three, then come home and close it out in front of the home crowd. And why does the schedule go 2-3-2 in the Finals, but 2-2-1-1-1 in the previous round? Seems like they should be consistent.

PS - that was a BEAUTIFUL slam by Wallace early in the game!

Spurs aren't flashy (neither are the Pistons though), but damn they play team ball well.  On both ends of the court. 

You can call it boring, but to watch it is really a thing of beauty I think.  No single superstar with a supporting cast, or maybe two plus a bunch of others (Lebron, Shaq n Flash).  Duncan may be the best big man in hoops today, but he sure acts like he's just one of the guys.  The Spurs do everything right, IMO, and deserve recognition for being a true team, in this day of hog-the-spotlight, ego-driven stars...

This sort of thing irked me last year when discussing the Pistons, and still irks me today. In my opinion, the Pistons and Spurs are both loaded with superstar basketball players. The Pistons have the Wallaces, Rip, Chauncey, Antonio McDyess, and Tayshaun Prince--all stars, imo. The Spurs have Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, former slam dunk champ Brent Barry, perennial clutch shooter Robert Horry, and Glen "Big Dog" Robinson. No stars, my foot. "Just one of the guys." :rolleyes:

When the Lakers won championships with Shaq and Kobe, their playing team ball on both ends of the court is what made them win. When any NBA team wins it is because they play team ball on both ends of the court. It's called good basketball, and it is required to win in any league. I'll agree both the Spurs and Pistons play good team basketball.

Edited by Noj

I agree that the Pistons starters should be considered stars, but are they considered stars by the public and/or the media?  Have RIP or Chauncey ever played in the All-Star game?  Nope.  It's ridiculously unfair, but for some reason they've been snubbed.

I'm don't think either one of those guys belongs in the all-star game, considering who's ahead of them in the queue.

Guy

Edited by Guy Berger